Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. I made notes for future Radeon purchases from everyone's reply. Some of these brands everyone was recommending is pretty much the same for nVidia cards. I'm partial to the Asus & Evga cards; probably my all time favorite was BFGTech - to bad they went out of business. I think I still have the BFGTech 6800 Ultra in my spare part bins or did I recycle it at the e-waste dump?

I'd really luck out with the Sapphire Toxic and with a switch the Sapphire Toxic 6950 becomes a 6970. Really cool but that was short live as I install the Sapphire into my daughters recent build.

Now, I'm thinking of ordering a pair for myself :alien:

Alpine79

XFX sucks man... IMO i have had two of their cards and both worked but with alot of tweeking and reading forums of how to fix the problems i was getting... i would say EVGA or ASUS

Quote Originally Posted by USMC6969
    XFX sucks man... IMO i have had two of their cards and both worked but with alot of tweeking and reading forums of how to fix the problems i was getting... i would say EVGA or ASUS
    Old topic but in total we have 7 XFX cards in the home and 4 of them are over 7 years old and still going strong. we had one for 5 years and it went out, we returned it to XFX and they replaced it with a brand new modern card - sent them a 4890 and they replaced it with a black edition 6870. No questions asked and two weeks turn around. They are fast to answer emails as well. But that is just my experience. Before XFX I was a big BFG fan.

yeah i mean im sure some people had a great experience i just didnt... kinda put a bad taste in my mouth... EVGA and ASUS have always done me right so as long as they keep up the good work im not gonna change. but hey always keep your options open right?

Quote Originally Posted by USMC6969
    yeah i mean im sure some people had a great experience i just didnt... kinda put a bad taste in my mouth... EVGA and ASUS have always done me right so as long as they keep up the good work im not gonna change. but hey always keep your options open right?
    EVGA / ASUS are great companies and make very good products. No argument there :wink: I love their motherboards.

Good info here !
    probably gonna be swapping cards soon so thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by TNTonPMS
    Good info here !
    probably gonna be swapping cards soon so thanks .
    newegg has a weekend special on the xfx 6950 double D for $200. normal price is $260

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information