Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    top of norway
    Posts
    1,746
    Rep Power
    0

    Need adv. new cabinet

    Going to buy a new cabinet, because my Antec 900 is too small.
    What I need space for is.

    Motherboard: asus crosshair formula IV
    Processor: amd 1090t
    Cooling: antec 920 h2o
    Memory: 8gb crucial ballistix
    Video card: Asus HD6950 DirectCUII 2gb
    Sound card: soundblaster audigy 2 zs
    Hard disk drive: wd velociraptor 300gb, wd 750gb
    Power supply: antec hcg-900
    Chassis: antec 900
    Operating System: W7 64 gamer


    Also going to upgrade with one more Asus HD6950 DirectCUII and a ssd disk, not sure wich one :wink:

    Needs to have a decent way to run cables, as the one I have sucks

  2. #2
    Senior Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,637
    Rep Power
    14
    What price range, any particular brand you like more than others?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    top of norway
    Posts
    1,746
    Rep Power
    0
    Price about 200-300$.
    Just as long as it looks nice enough that my wife dont kill me when put it up, the brand does not really matter :wink:

  4. #4
    Senior Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,637
    Rep Power
    14
    Take a look at the Corsair Obsidian 650D reviewed here: http://www.guru3d.com/article/corsai...n-650d-review/

    Product page Corsair Obsidian 650D

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    top of norway
    Posts
    1,746
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin
    Take a look at the Corsair Obsidian 650D reviewed here: http://www.guru3d.com/article/corsai...n-650d-review/

    Product page Corsair Obsidian 650D
    Looks nice, but not any bigger than the one I got, looking for a big tower case :wink:

  6. #6
    Senior Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,637
    Rep Power
    14
    Well there is always the 700D and 800D by Corsair.
    http://www.corsair.com/cases/obsidian-series.html

    Thermaltake Level 10 GT
    http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Produc...C=1416&ID=2039

    Silverstone Temjin TJ11
    http://www.silverstonetek.com/produc...id=292&area=en

    You'll have to do your own pricing for them.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    16,661
    Rep Power
    0
    How about the antec 1200? If you're mainly going to use it for Aircooling it's the best case, tons of fans and the best airflow possible.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    top of norway
    Posts
    1,746
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 021llf4
    How about the antec 1200? If you're mainly going to use it for Aircooling it's the best case, tons of fans and the best airflow possible.
    Have been looking at this case, but in my 900 the cable managment is a nightmare, do you know if this is any better.
    Have added watercooling to the cpu, but will be running air on the graphics and ram for now :wink:

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Groton, CT
    Posts
    8,758
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rogersten
    Quote Originally Posted by 021llf4
    How about the antec 1200? If you're mainly going to use it for Aircooling it's the best case, tons of fans and the best airflow possible.
    Have been looking at this case, but in my 900 the cable managment is a nightmare, do you know if this is any better.
    Have added watercooling to the cpu, but will be running air on the graphics and ram for now :wink:
    I have an Antec case as well. Unless you know what you are doing cable management wise, don't get another Antec. Thank goodness I got a modular cable PSU or it would have been a nightmare. Corsair does have some good full tower cases that have full cable management systems. In your price range most will.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    16,661
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't suggest getting corsair unless you're watercooling everything. Their airflow = sucky.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •