Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Before & After Joplin Tornado Pictures from Joplin, Miss

Before & After Joplin Tornado Pictures from Joplin, Missouri

Before and after images from Joplin, Missouri after the town was hit by a 198 MPH F5 tornado, the worst category tornado in the USA. It was the 8th deadliest tornado in US history. I could not find out What time the tornado hit Joplin and did some reasearch, it hit around 6pm, dinner time.

Everyone please say prayers for everyone in Joplin for what they are going through.

SIX MONTHS OF DESTRUCTION IN THE USA

January - February 2011
    North American blizzards - Violent storms blanketed thirty states in snow, wreaked havoc on the Super Bowl and turned the Hollywood mountains white.

April 4 2011
    Alabama tornadoes - A massive thunderstorm front spawned 137 tornadoes, killed at least 180 people, and destroyed sections of Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, and Huntsville, Alabama.

April – May 2011
    Texas wildfires – More than 2.5 million acres were burned as the fires spread, efforts to fight the flames were hampered by the ongoing drought and strong winds.

April - May 2011
    Mississippi River floods –Two major storms dumped record rainfall, thousands of homes were ordered evacuated and the Morganza Spillway was opened for the first time in 37 years to deliberately flood 4,600 square miles of Louisiana.

Incredible destruction! My heart goes out to them all.

Senior Moderator
    Reminds you of images of Hiroshima and Nagasaki before and after the atomic bomb. Only difference is bomb took more lives and was man made.

So sad. I've personally witnessed the damage from one of these storms.
    It's quick and destructive. We had the tornado sirens go off the other day during these storms and one passed about 10 miles from where I live. I've lived out in the mid-west for about 3 years now, and that's the first time the sirens have gone off since I've lived there.

All of the homes in my area have full below ground cellars for just this reason. The place where I work is built on a concrete slab and is a metal corrugated building, so they have put in a large underground shelter for us all to go to in case a storm hits while we are at work.

May god bless all the survivors and the families of those who lost everything and especially those who lost loved ones. :cry:

Sad to see and I couldnt image what the families that survived are going through. I just hope the storms are over.

On another note: while all of this is going on, our president is on a lavish vacation in Europe :roll:

Oh man. (Is it that bad a tornado, as bad as Japan Tsunami - Earthquake I am very sorry for the U.S., the rebuild of houses also lasts 30 years or more to happen in my country, but other things are not so. bad as Japan and USA!

Auf einer anderen Anmerkung: Während all dies vor sich geht, ist unser Präsident auf ein rauschendes Urlaub in Europa
    Your president is not better than our nothingness that makes for Germany!

Not sure what the president has to do with the tornado , but yes the destruction is very bad. I think they said 350 people were killed

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dee
    Not sure what the president has to do with the tornado , but yes the destruction is very bad. I think they said 350 people were killed
    ...in Joplin it now stands at 130 or so poor souls that perished.

Today again a Stupid Tornado in the USA 4 people died!. Got a question, but there are some you do not bomb with which to destroy a tornado?

Our population will be destroyed just by the EHEC VIRUS ^ ^ But your news should send that too.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanKiller
    Today again a Stupid Tornado in the USA 4 people died!. Got a question, but there are some you do not bomb with which to destroy a tornado?

Our population will be destroyed just by the EHEC VIRUS ^ ^ But your news should send that too.
    These 4 people died due to the tornado in Springfield, Massachusetts. Massachusetts doesn't get tornadoes very often, but they can happen anywhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information