Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    13,210
    Rep Power
    0

    Question about PSU +MOBO+ CPU

    I am trying to build a new pc and I have some questions. I am confused on the Mobo 24/20+4 pin thing that matches up with the PSU. Does anybody know if this is compatible or feel like explaining the 20+4/24 pin?

    PSU:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817709027
    MOBO+ CPU:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.580614


    Also what is the PCI Express connector for?
    Does this one need one and/or will the power supply be enough. If not, how much should I get.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102855
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,686
    Rep Power
    0
    I have heard that the AMD 555 CPU is a dual core but is easily unlocked to a quad core. That might save u some money

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    13,210
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crisisFX
    I have heard that the AMD 555 CPU is a dual core but is easily unlocked to a quad core. That might save u some money
    I want this one. Just have a question about the PSU.................

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    CenCal
    Posts
    2,247
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crisisFX
    I have heard that the AMD 555 CPU is a dual core but is easily unlocked to a quad core. That might save u some money
    Actually the AMD PhemonIIx2 560BE is the unlocked one! Getting this month...

    Note-to-self the AMDPhemonIIx2 565BE also unlocks to a quad...

    j

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    563
    Rep Power
    0
    PSU is universal... the power plug will have connects needed for both AMD and Intel.

    On some MB's they have 24 pins but the extra 4 pins are on a connector that butts up to the 20 pin connector to make 24 pin -- your safe to buy it.

    ( like little more power myself )

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    At a Slipknot concert... back stage.
    Posts
    3,591
    Rep Power
    0
    I just built this PC last month and went with this MB and PS.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...%20Motherboard

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817814010 Seems they are out of stock on this PS atm though.

    I chose this for the processor: (I liked to have an unlocked core multiplier)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103849

    I have all 6 cores overclocked to 4.1 Ghz, but if you plan to overclock your CPU, may I suggest this as a great all in one cooler:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181013

    If you need anything, PM me. I can answer most of your pc questions.

    :wink:

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    13,210
    Rep Power
    0
    I already bought my thing, thanks for the help!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    top of norway
    Posts
    1,746
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Question about PSU +MOBO+ CPU

    Quote Originally Posted by jonisgod
    I am trying to build a new pc and I have some questions. I am confused on the Mobo 24/20+4 pin thing that matches up with the PSU. Does anybody know if this is compatible or feel like explaining the 20+4/24 pin?

    PSU:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817709027
    MOBO+ CPU:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.580614


    Also what is the PCI Express connector for?
    Does this one need one and/or will the power supply be enough. If not, how much should I get.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102855
    Thanks!
    You will love this setup, almost identical to my old, only thing I was running 2xhd4890 crossfire.
    If you are thinking about getting another card to crossfire later on, I would suggest getting at least 800w psu :wink:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16817153130R

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    13,210
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Question about PSU +MOBO+ CPU

    Quote Originally Posted by rogersten
    Quote Originally Posted by jonisgod
    I am trying to build a new pc and I have some questions. I am confused on the Mobo 24/20+4 pin thing that matches up with the PSU. Does anybody know if this is compatible or feel like explaining the 20+4/24 pin?

    PSU:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817709027
    MOBO+ CPU:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.580614


    Also what is the PCI Express connector for?
    Does this one need one and/or will the power supply be enough. If not, how much should I get.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102855
    Thanks!
    You will love this setup, almost identical to my old, only thing I was running 2xhd4890 crossfire.
    If you are thinking about getting another card to crossfire later on, I would suggest getting at least 800w psu :wink:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16817153130R
    I hope it's good. It's for my dad though so he doesn't do as much gaming as me so he'll be loving it :lol:

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,114
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jiimii21
    I just built this PC last month and went with this MB and PS.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...%20Motherboard

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817814010 Seems they are out of stock on this PS atm though.

    I chose this for the processor: (I liked to have an unlocked core multiplier)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103849

    I have all 6 cores overclocked to 4.1 Ghz, but if you plan to overclock your CPU, may I suggest this as a great all in one cooler:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181013

    If you need anything, PM me. I can answer most of your pc questions.

    :wink:
    That is close to the parts I am selling next month.

    I have the m4a79 deluxe, 940 BE cpu and corsair 750, also a xfx 4890 Im selling next month for about $420

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New MOBO.
    By rogersten in forum PC Upgrade Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 11:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •