Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dog just died

Dog just died

I am not sure what to think right now. My dog just died right in front of me. He was acting a little suspicious today when I seen his face. It showed pain and sleepyness. I thought it was just heart burn or something because he is an old dog and has that face as usual. Just 5 minutes ago I went to let him outside and he puked on my floor. Had me a little worried there for a second. Then I seen him slowly fall on the ground. His face was blank, he struggled to get up but he colapsed. I held him in my arms.... He died there in my arms... Right now there is tears in my eyes because I had had him since he was born. he was my best friend in middle school throughout high school. His age is 16 and a half years old. I knew it was going to happen soon. But right now I am sitting heart broken...
    So today... I lost my best friend.
    Luckly I still have my other dog who is right now sitting outside looking at him... She knows what happened and lost a friend to...
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This is why you should have taken it to the VET. Not saying that it's your fault or anything, but when people start "I thought it was..." Problems start happening. I am sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by 021llf4
    This is why you should have taken it to the VET. Not saying that it's your fault or anything, but when people start "I thought it was..." Problems start happening. I am sorry for your loss.
    Yeah I do feel bad about it. But I had to choose 2 options. One was going to work and earning my pay check. Or 2 take him to the vet and missing work with a possibility of getting fired. I choose the one I regret now and paid the consequences. But what happened, happened. It's not like he lived a hard or horrible life. I am just glad I was there on his final hours to tell him I loved him...

I feel for you and it does hurt when we lose a pet that is like family. I hope you find comfort in remembering the good times and just remember your dog is no longer in pain and is running in a Pasteur around heaven. I do believe some animals go to heaven as we can read about them in the Bible being there :wink: Wouldn't it be cool if JC was up there throwing a stick for him right now.

PS: If they fire me for taking my pet to a doc then I must have not be an asset in the first place. Hind sight is always 20/20. However at 16.5 years I dont think a vet could have done anything and old age catches up to every living thing. He passed away at home with his master and im sure that is how he would have wanted it.

I love dogs, and currently have 3 of them. I have also lost many of them over the years. It always hurts, but dogs really don't live all that long.

You had a good pet/friend for 16.5 years. That is a exceptional amount of time for a dog. You are blessed to have had your dog/pet/friend for that long. You have all those wonderful memories to remember him now.

BTW, taking him to the vet wouldn't have helped anything, as every living being dies when it is time.

Sorry for your loss.

I know this sounds weird but its good your other dog saw it dead. Dogs know what happened and its better for them mentally to know it died than wonder where it went forever...
    Sorry for your loss
    I get to see my dogs in 14 days when i get home

Dont beat yourself up over it. Like PC said, be happy that he is at peace now. Im sorry for your loss.

i am so sorry to hear that i feel for you

i love my dog he is like my second shadow dog are so loving wait a week or so then maybe go look at getting a pup i am looking right now for a second dog

May he rest in peace, its always hard to loose an animal.

Yeah hes in my little garden area now R.I.P And I had to bring my other dog just to get a check up because she wasn't drinking after that. Veterinarian said it was something they ate. Luckily I did not loose both my dogs. She is fine now and eating right. Me I am still looking what those too got into.

Thread Information