Wireless Router Issues.

Hey guys I have been having issues with my wireless routers. I have A Linksys E3000, and an WRT54G. I'm doing pingtests and I get over 1000ms! I cant even play 5min online without lagging out! plugged in I get 20ms as usual but these routers have never been this slow! Anything I can do to fix this?

Have you tried turning it off for a few hours?....say, over night?

It might be over heating because that's what my Linksys router does, gets hot and lags :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by jonisgod
    Have you tried turning it off for a few hours?....say, over night?

It might be over heating because that's what my Linksys router does, gets hot and lags :cry:
    I'll try that now. Thanks!

Overheating doesn't cause lag. Cheapness does. I would suggest you upgrade the firmware and do some security check after you enter your admin info. Make sure people are not leeching off you.

I suggest you upgrade your firmware too.

Quote Originally Posted by 021llf4
    Overheating doesn't cause lag. Cheapness does. I would suggest you upgrade the firmware and do some security check after you enter your admin info. Make sure people are not leeching off you.

I suggest you upgrade your firmware too.
    All firmware is up to date. I have WPA2 passwords on both, recently changed both passwords. I have two other users in my house, but are not heavy users like I am. E3000 is brand new, Linksys' best router (supposedly). There are known issues with the E3000 and I was told by many Cisco reps. to wait for a firmware update.

EDIT* wow jon such a simple solution and it worked! Getting blazing fast speeds now. Thanks!

try changing ur router channel ... also if u have other 2.4 GHZ stuff running, try to get it as far away from the router as possible. (Get rid of it preferably). Also, if you far away from the router (2 rooms over) it will slow you down uber bad.

im a network ****ysis and fix issues with these all day long. Its my job :lol:

I hate wireless for gaming, it is far too unreliable at times for gaming, I stay plugged in and everyone else in the house can run wireless, my games are way too important to have any kind of lag, Also I do a lot of Microsoft flight simulator flying formations and if you have the slightest bit of lag it makes that type of flying all but impossible, you will mess everyone else up , so I enjoy the reliability of the hard wired setup

Thread Information