Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Phenom II X4 970BE Vs X6 1090T

Anyone able to run the numbers and tell me which one is better?

intel Core i7 875K (unlocked multiplier)

God..even the core i5 and i3 pwn this new chipset by AMD. sad sad sad.

God guys shut up, hes obviously not asking for intel fanboy input. Id choose AMD over intel any day just because its cheaper.

intel is still faster
    cheap isnt always better

To be honest I'd like to say the x6, if you stream outside of AMD processor know that all the Intel's use software bedded technology to benchmark their speeds, quality and peformance.

The more cores you have the better, and anyone who actually works on PC's should have told you the x6 1090T is a better go as Hardware is always better than Software.

Intel's processors use a technology called Hyper Threading that gives the processor its capability of actually out performing most processors. The Intel family will not top an AMD x6 processor hands down. People go back and read the benchmarks, Intel who is weaker never does competitor benchmarking, so you can't say Intel's better by looking at other people who could have tweaked settings for their benchmarking.

Go to AMD.com and compare the two. I still recommend the x6 (6 core) processor over an x4 (quad core) processor any day. Go x6.... and the x6 is unlocked also. Read the specs. Tigerdirect.com

Re: Phenom II X4 970BE Vs X6 1090T

Quote Originally Posted by Paid
    Anyone able to run the numbers and tell me which one is better?
    I have X6 and it's the best! from AMD.
    I say it's better than i3 or i5.Only thing it can beat is i7.
    But you need to have good mother board and rams also.

This is what I have.

Thermaltake Element G VL10001W2Z Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX

XFX HD-585X-ZAFC Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

CORSAIR Hydro H70 CWCH70 120mm High Performance CPU Cooler

OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC ...

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Quote Originally Posted by firriah
    To be honest I'd like to say the x6, if you stream outside of AMD processor know that all the Intel's use software bedded technology to benchmark their speeds, quality and peformance.

The more cores you have the better, and anyone who actually works on PC's should have told you the x6 1090T is a better go as Hardware is always better than Software.

Intel's processors use a technology called Hyper Threading that gives the processor its capability of actually out performing most processors. The Intel family will not top an AMD x6 processor hands down. People go back and read the benchmarks, Intel who is weaker never does competitor benchmarking, so you can't say Intel's better by looking at other people who could have tweaked settings for their benchmarking.

Go to AMD.com and compare the two. I still recommend the x6 (6 core) processor over an x4 (quad core) processor any day. Go x6.... and the x6 is unlocked also. Read the specs. Tigerdirect.com
    im still running my 945 black, and until something comes out that demands more computing power, then i will upgrade. IMO upgrading every time something comes out is a total waste of money, and the chip manufactures know this; however, people hafta have the news and biggest on the block. It is pointless to do so cuz there not even any software out that could take full advantage of the new hardware.

So now you got the biggest and baddest, but with any software to take advantage of it, it doenst really matter

Way this got off onto Intel is beyond me. Maybe I upset the Intel gods? :roll: I asked about these two chips for a reason....

I understand that 6 cores are better than 4. However, the reason I was wondering if anyone ran the numbers was because there isn't any games out there that will use the 6 cores. So I was wondering if the 4 core 970 would accually produce better numbers than a 6 core 1090T.

Also I am reading everywhere that the 4 core 970 will easily hit 4.3 OC on air when they haven't been able to do that stable with the 1090T.

Quote Originally Posted by x0druid0x
    Quote Originally Posted by firriah

im still running my 945 black, and until something comes out that demands more computing power, then i will upgrade. IMO upgrading every time something comes out is a total waste of money, and the chip manufactures know this; however, people hafta have the news and biggest on the block. It is pointless to do so cuz there not even any software out that could take full advantage of the new hardware.

So now you got the biggest and baddest, but with any software to take advantage of it, it doenst really matter
    One of my systems is running the 940 BE AM2+ but my MOBO will take the AM3 that is why I am looking at the 970 or 1090T as an upgrade to the 940. The system is about 3 years old so a small CPU upgrade would be nice down the road.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information