Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rips and tears in your sigs.

There are two beginner programs you can use (listed below).

If you are proficient with the lasso and working with grads and textures you can do them like that for better results.

For the ones with wacom boards it is much easier and you will get much better results. First you need to use the pen tool and draw out your rip pattern for your base. Some people may want to save it as a brush after you get several done. Others may want to save them as a png-psd file to make it go faster the next time. also in some of the PS programs you can use the rubber band effect with the wacom. Now your expensive wacom board comes with this already built into the tablet itself.

For beginner rip tear style try these CS4 addons:

Eyecandy 6
    and
    xenofex

you will not get great results but it is a start. I would do a tut however I prefer all of you to practice and do it your way. Also, i fail ever time I have tried to do a tut.

Can those work with CS5?

Quote Originally Posted by D4MN H4CK3RS
    Can those work with CS5?
    im not sure- however the site that has them- it is a 30 day demo. you can try it. I still use PSP and CS4 and old after effects.

here is site to download

http://www.alienskin.com/downloads/

you will find drawing them with the pen tool or lasso plus using a peal effect will work much better.

Eye Candy requires Photoshop CS3 or a similar image editor
    Thats what it says on there home page. So I am guessing yes. Will need to try it out later. Thanks Paid. 8)

quick tip, remember after you make your peal and cut to add a mask and lock the pixel. then use a grad to only put the grad on the rip layer. Use the shadow and highlight brush for the peal to give it that 3d effect (which I need practice on).Inside the rip should be transparent to add your new layer image. I am just a beginner as well and have been trying to get this down pat for months. You wont find many tuts on the net for this, if any. So, it is teaching yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paid
    quick tip, remember after you make your peal and cut to add a mask and lock the pixel. then use a grad to only put the grad on the rip layer. Use the shadow and highlight brush for the peal to give it that 3d effect (which I need practice on).Inside the rip should be transparent to add your new layer image. I am just a beginner as well and have been trying to get this down pat for months. You wont find many tuts on the net for this, if any. So, it is teaching yourself.
    Great tip. And yes I noticed there isnt "good" or really "any" good tut's on how to do most effects on photoshop. It really is a learning experiance. :santa:

I found looking at other peoples rip work is the best tut. Eye ball it and try to get the cuts and see how they may have done it. I have seen some vectors around the net but to me cutting your own or drawing your own will give it that personal one of a kind touch. Also you can use the same technique to peal the accual photograph or render- works very well. I need more work on doing it like that.

All the Rips/Tears can be done with Pen Tool. Just put some shadow underneath, and highlight the above layer.

A tad off topic, but for anyone interested in buying a wacom tablet, get the Bamboo Pen and Touch. Its served me well and costs around $100. Does everything i need it to in PS, being as im not close to a pro. Maybe you can find one at a boxing day sale for $60 or in that range. Deffinatley a must have for someone trying to get better at photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by crisisFX
    A tad off topic, but for anyone interested in buying a wacom tablet, get the Bamboo Pen and Touch. Its served me well and costs around $100. Does everything i need it to in PS, being as im not close to a pro. Maybe you can find one at a boxing day sale for $60 or in that range. Deffinatley a must have for someone trying to get better at photoshop.
    I see best buy has them for $60

Thread Information