Crisis entry is batman! lol

Quote Originally Posted by paidcustomer
    Lol PC i know that but like its Completely different to the others XD

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch kid
    Thats because FPS's graphics sections is full of sheep D: Pretty much DD made his, then everyone else except for a few people tried to copy his design. I didnt But grats to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by crisis74
    Thats because FPS's graphics sections is full of sheep D: Pretty much DD made his, then everyone else except for a few people tried to copy his design. I didnt But grats to everyone
    That's not a very nice thing to say crisis74. There is lots of talent here, and everyone has their own style and method of doing things. If ten people all did the same picture, there would be ten completely different renditions created.

I didn't see anyone copy DD's design and saying that the, "FPS's graphics section is full of sheep" is a pretty rude thing to say. You basically just flamed pretty much everyone here in the Graphics section. I think that you should apologize for your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuke
    Quote Originally Posted by crisis74
    That's not a very nice thing to say crisis74. There is lots of talent here, and everyone has their own style and method of doing things. If ten people all did the same picture, there would be ten completely different renditions created.

I didn't see anyone copy DD's design and saying that the, "FPS's graphics section is full of sheep" is a pretty rude thing to say. You basically just flamed pretty much everyone here in the Graphics section. I think that you should apologize for your comment.
    I appologize for the harshness of my comment, but i still believe that people try to make what DD makes. Just look at Hydrox's and OSH's. They are the same style as DD's, and in the entry thread they even said they made them to be like DD's.

Is Imitation Flatery or Forgery?

The answer to this question is not cut and dried. Looking back through history, it was common for artists to copy not only the work of others, but their own work as well. Think about it. How else would someone obtain a copy of a painting he liked other than asking he artist himself to paint a duplicate. Many of the masters also allowed others to copy their work.

Why would someone want to outright copy a painting. One of the most legitimate and acceptable reasons would be for the purpose of education. After all, in music a music student plays the works of the masters over and over again. They study the compositions and then they create their own based on what they have learned. One must first copy the masters before one can truly branch out and develop his own style. It is through copying the work of others that technique is learned. Having said this, copying is not about inspiration. Although one can be inspired by anotherís work, true inspiration is a more divine concept. Copying is more about technique.

However, there have been instances throughout history in which someone has attempted to forge a painting under a masterís name. This is obviously unacceptable, but the trend of creating works of art similar to that of another painter is only natural. Consider Cubism. Would it have made any sense if Picasso had burst onto the art scene and blown it away with his new style of art only to have no one try to create it on their own? Of course not. Imitation is natural for human beings and yes, it is a form of flattery. The subconscious in particular loves to be mirrored and so does the conscious self.

It comes down to this. Copying someoneís work and presenting it as yours or not acknowledging the true author of the work is forgery. Copying the work in order to learn the techniques or imitating the techniques and creating the same style of art for the purpose of education, self-exploration, and creation are imitation and flattery in their highest form. Of course, there are always those who do not copy, but who create new ways of doing things.

The true geniuses are the ones who are imitated.

Thread Information