Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Video card- Should I?

Well, I got on my WoW account and realized how bored I am of the game so I'll probably sell this one for a few hundred (Hopefully.) or for any amount of cash at this point, and buy a new Video Card.
    My question is what's a pretty nice card that could play Crisis, Crisis 2, APB, and MW2 in high settings, or even crisis on medium/high. I need something affordable in which I can just sell the account and buy it with the money I get.

My alien ware runs 2x GTX 260 Nivedia Gforce, and it can run Fallout 3 on "Ultra High" graphics without a single problem.

Some people dislike the 260, but I have not had any problems.
    When I bought my PC it was one of the best on the market, and it has been good to me. You probably want to check out some review sites tho, since I always get "blue balled" when it comes to computer hardware, the really good stuff always seems to come out days after I buy the "top of the line", and I always end up wasting my money on useless hardware.

Not to mention I spent 3 grand on the whole system, and have not had the internet for it, thus not played it for 6 months about.

Talk about a waste of 3000 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Xl45G
    My alien ware runs 2x GTX 260 Nivedia Gforce, and it can run Fallout 3 on "Ultra High" graphics without a single problem.

When I bought my PC it was one of the best on the market, and it has been good to me. You probably want to check out some review sites tho, since I always get "blue balled" when it comes to computer hardware, the really good stuff always seems to come out days after I buy the "top of the line", and I always end up wasting my money on useless hardware.

Not to mention I spent 3 grand on the whole system, and have not had the internet for it, thus not played it for 6 months about.

Oh wow, that's insane. How come you haven't got any internet for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Asthetik

Oh wow, that's insane. How come you haven't got any internet for it?
    The connection is downstairs, and we are waiting for the basement to be finished before we get fire wire setup upstairs. I could hook up wireless on it for now, but I have a Xeno network card which would be rather useless without a direct connection.

Plus I have had some problems with my Linksys router that I am using on my current computer, so I have decided to wait it out till my basement is finished to get a better connection.

I figured what is the point on hooking up bad wireless on my expensive network card, even if it does work properly. So I will wait. Luckily my computer is still quite good, and will be able to run any new games that come out for the next couple of years very easily. Its was almost top of the line when I bought it, and before Alien Ware merged will dell, so it should last me quite a while.

yeah that's good. If you haven't already, you should play Crisis, awesome game. I've beat that and Crisis: Warhead, can't wait for the 2nd one.

But I see your point, hopefully you guys get it all setup and done soon so you can start owning on it.

Go get 3x GTX480 for 600$ each, all SLI and you're good to go for the next 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggles1337
    Go get 3x GTX480 for 600$ each, all SLI and you're good to go for the next 5 years
    I have heard reports that the new ATI cards are more bang for your buck.

That's also coming from a Nividea die hard, I would never personally buy ATI, but I have heard from quite a few people that their new cards are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthetik
    yeah that's good. If you haven't already, you should play Crisis, awesome game. I've beat that and Crisis: Warhead, can't wait for the 2nd one.

But I see your point, hopefully you guys get it all setup and done soon so you can start owning on it.
    I actually do have Crisis, I bought it a couple days ago for an amazing deal. Steam has their "week long deal period" going on, and I got the whole crisis pack for 19 dollars!!!

I am loving also, sadly I am playing it on this crappy computer right now, but its works alright, I can work without awesome graphics when playing a game that is as cool as crisis.

Plus for getting the whole pack for 19 dollars, was a killer steal 8)

The ATI 4890 will play all of that on high. The 4890 series is actually faster than the 5770. However you can go with the 5850 ATI or the GTX2 series.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...deon,2646.html

This seems to be a rather good review.

From the reviews I have seen the GeForce still seems to be the higher performance card, but the Radeon seems to be a better deal.

Tho no one has tried them out enough to give a final yes or no on who has the better cards this season. Now Alien Ware changing out all their GeForce for Radeon defiantly made an impression on me, unless its just Dell putting their dirty cheap hands all over everything. :lol:

Which I hope is not true, because I really like Alien Ware.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/graphics-card-geforce-radeon,2646.html

This seems to be a rather good review.

From the reviews I have seen the GeForce still seems to be the higher performance card, but the Radeon seems to be a better deal.

Tho no one has tried them out enough to give a final yes or no on who has the better cards this season. Now Alien Ware changing out all their GeForce for Radeon defiantly made an impression on me, unless its just Dell putting their dirty cheap hands all over everything. :lol:

Which I hope is not true, because I really like Alien Ware.
    Radeon 5970 still holds the world record for speed :wink: something Geforce was wishing to beat with its 480.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information