Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Everything on my pc stolen.

Some idiot decided he can go around in my pc and take what he wants he has reset me on fpscheats and on multiple other forums. He has stolen my sigs and has been deleting files, I am getting help from professional to get rid of the viruses but the responses are long apart and I don't know what to do. He knows my login and he knows my ID what do I DO?

Stop using that PC Immediately! go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ for malicious software removal.

Dont you have an anti virus?

**Also check bank/credit cards balances. He may have your credit card info.

It won't be a virus if he is taking what he wants, it seems more like a RAT or a keylogger. I would suggest running spybot-search and destroy, before you change your passwords make sure you run these scans otherwise he will jsut get them.

If it comes down to it, you may have to do a fresh install and maybe run a 3rd party software to gain all your pictures but this is really the last line.

Make sure he doesn't have your paypal and CC numbers otherwise you are going to have to disconnect them.

CH3MICAL.

That won't help, I think my virus is gone due to help from a forum. But I don't want to take any chances ;(. Ima DC from internet, change passwords RC click change and see what happens.

I personally would've run multiple scans lol. Virus scan, malwarebytez, s&d, any scans that come to mind. Then done a reboot and started in safe mode to change passwords. Hope it works out, sorry to hear that happened.

Does this have anything to do with your recent post stating your brother was taking over your account (not saying your brother did it).

Just wondering if that was a legit post from you or not?
    Seems like something some one would do if they were trying to steal your stuff, so are you in fact leaving, and your brother taking over your account?

As far as your PC, I would do a system restore to the last available date before all this started happening. Then I would completely wipe your computer clean, and reinstall everything.

Don't take any chances remove everything with a whole system reinstall.

Edit:

Also while this is probably just something that has effected you, I would recommend everyone change their passwords, on this site at least.

I know I am fairly sure I don't have anything, but its better to be safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Xl45G

Also while this is probably just something that has effected you, I would recommend everyone change their passwords, on this site at least.

I know I am fairly sure I don't have anything, but its better to be safe than sorry.
    He would of had to download or visit a site, saying this could create a panic. Changing our passwords would do nothing, if we were in imminent danger of having information stolen, BOFH or GirlGamer would have posted.

....safest best would be simply to do a complete reformat and re-install of your OP system....what I would do to say the least!!

Unfortunately, once they get into your PC, the best way to get them out is to burn it down and rebuild it. Reinstall is the safest way. Make sure that you install good anti-virus with a good firewall (Kapersky), and malwarebytes.

I agree with Snuke
    Get Karpersky Internet Security

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information