Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

As all of you probably already know the avatar of a sig can make or break it. You can have a great looking signature but an avatar that is just mediocre will make the sig look just the same.

Many of you have PM'd or chatted with me about avatars. Some of you do not know how to make them or make them unique. I felt i would start this thread to see if any of our graphic artist would like to share some secrets. Myself I try and draw them and then work with effects to get the most out of the frame work. I will use illustrator a lot plus other programs. Then either move the sig over and work it in or ill take the parts of the sig and break it down and move it in. Fonts!!! That is one of the most difficult parts of a sig from what people are discussing with me. They are correct. If the text isn't right it will diminish the final product. Myself I try many differant styles, sometimes it works some times it doesnt.

I am far from an expert in this and felt maybe if everyone put their 2 cents in we could help each other out.

I refuse to make the avatars for the simple fact, it can ruin it. I prefer to keep it siggy only.

I agree giggles. Sometimes the avatar just doesnt work. Especially if your on a board that will limit them to around 100 or less pixels.

I agree my avatars suck a lot...
    But, honestlly 1st. I Idon't pay attention to avatars dat much
    2nd if I do make an avatar I work on 400x400 n den pixel it down. It will work on 100x100dpi but if its 100x150 den its not den I use 400x500 I depends aswell... Usually I go with into 4 times of the avatar size. But I don't get the satisfactor reslut.

The problem I find with making avatars lower than 120 pix is the detail. I lose it and the image is to small. 150 seems to work well with myself.

Quote Originally Posted by paidcustomer
    The problem I find with making avatars lower than 120 pix is the detail. I lose it and the image is to small. 150 seems to work well with myself.
    yeah...i think so too

well at the end u gotta do the best u can... ryte... we all just try...

Have fun with it, at the end of the day you should like it, don't make people like it, there will be always bias opinios.

Avatars are just like the Icing on the cake; cake being the Sig.

Edit: You can Always animate Avatars, and put some bling bling

I was really hoping people that have experience in creating avatars could help the ones that can't seem to create them. But, the topic went south as to if they should be made or not.

So, for our avatar makers what is the way you make them? which tools and so fourth. That is if you wish to discuss it. Some of our members just dont know how to get started in PS.

trying to make one, i will post it up when im finished. man its trickier than it seems idk how u do it so good u guys D:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information