View Poll Results: Are you scare or Concerned about the amount of little kids on the internet Unsupervised?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 47.62%
  • No

11 52.38%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Im Scared ARE you?

I don't know about you guys but I'm starting to get concerned About what the world is coming to.

What do i mean you ask?

I'm talking about all the little kids that i have seen in First person shooters and some other online games. Its really depressing that parents let theire 7 and 8 yo kids online with any other person in the world and expose them to all sorts of things. unsupervised!!

If you step back For 2 min and think about some of the discussions and Voice chats you hear in combats swearing and cursing about every thing From where you live to **** size. I know i would not what my kid in that kind of environment.

By far the most shocking Case of this i have seen was a little kid by the name of "cole" He was playing in a Server in a game called GMOD (not free costs 10 USD) i was playing with him for a bit and he was sucking (every body in the room was bagging on him because he had used his mic b4 i joined finaly i catch on to whats going on to find that he is 3 Yes FKING 3!!!! here he was running around With wasd jumping and being bagged the shit out of by every 1 else so i got out my admin powers and stuck up for the little guy turned out with some basic instructions and a little explaining he was quite good for his age.

Now there is no way in hell That he installed steam and payed for the game and every thing like that on his own so there was some adult input there or even an older brother. but still there was no1 watching him I was talking to him over the mic (bit hard to understand) and No1 else was in the background.

That is scary there is now a generation of kids that can use a computer and the internet from the time they start school That's scares me cause soon i fear there will be new laws protecting little kids when they are in and around gaming communities.

oh well what can we do to make a better place? ahh well brb going to get a beer ...

This would be my dad's theory.

Kids shouldn't be allowed to play games, they get dumber second by second. At age 12, i had my first GBA and i had to hide it, dad found it and broke it.

My mom thinks that im always on the computer doing "nothing". wrong. she doesnt know im owning scrubs and getting HER free movies and making all HER friends cd's. so now mom, think about that.

i disagree i believe it is WHAT you are playing...i've been on games and my the computer since i was very young...and due to many things i have gained a vast amount of knowledge from it...

at the same time i believe there should be a LIMIT...as i myself agree...games make people dumber, but that depends on the games...chess for example and strat games...as opposed to racing or FPS...but on another point i must say that it is a great stress reliever.

I think they aren't that bad if restricted...games that is....

Re: Im Scared ARE you?

Quote Originally Posted by doomkid
    I don't know about you guys but I'm starting to get concerned About what the world is coming to.

What do i mean you ask?

I'm talking about all the little kids that i have seen in First person shooters and some other online games. Its really depressing that parents let theire 7 and 8 yo kids online with any other person in the world and expose them to all sorts of things. unsupervised!!

If you step back For 2 min and think about some of the discussions and Voice chats you hear in combats swearing and cursing about every thing From where you live to penis size. I know i would not what my kid in that kind of environment.

I doubt it was a 3 Year old.
    The Smartest thing i heard from a 3 year old is "suck on my balls *then punches his balls* no joke..
    It's my friends nephew..

By far the most shocking Case of this i have seen was a little kid by the name of "cole" He was playing in a Server in a game called GMOD (not free costs 10 USD) i was playing with him for a bit and he was sucking (every body in the room was bagging on him because he had used his mic b4 i joined finaly i catch on to whats going on to find that he is 3 Yes FKING 3!!!! here he was running around With wasd jumping and being bagged the p00p out of by every 1 else so i got out my admin powers and stuck up for the little guy turned out with some basic instructions and a little explaining he was quite good for his age.

Now there is no way in hell That he installed steam and payed for the game and every thing like that on his own so there was some adult input there or even an older brother. but still there was no1 watching him I was talking to him over the mic (bit hard to understand) and No1 else was in the background.

That is scary there is now a generation of kids that can use a computer and the internet from the time they start school That's scares me cause soon i fear there will be new laws protecting little kids when they are in and around gaming communities.

It's fine, all on the parents though. We had the same discussion about Rated M games a while back I believe.

which reminds me...starcraft is by far one of the most inappropriate and appropriate online game to play =3 if you know were to go in both cases ahaha

....I would imagine that many Parents these days take the computer...and the gameplay that their kids are involved in as another distraction that is a replacement for what used to be called a "BABYSITTER!!"....just my take of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340
    ....I would imagine that many Parents these days take the computer...and the gameplay that their kids are involved in as another distraction that is a replacement for what used to be called a "BABYSITTER!!"....just my take of course!
    in my case it was more of something to shut me up (as i talked a LOT) while my mom did her university projects/assignments/studying she was there for me of course...i think, but i mean...i know i talk about useless shiz a lot and i'm sure that she found that if i had games...i don't talk ++ for both of us =3

Thread Information