Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

long day's ahead for me

so this is what i do this is not me i will see if i can make some video of us at work
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtsF0...eature=related

we do lots of work for the city and some for acon what you see in the vid does not look bad but it is real hard on your body there is alot of pressure there and if a hose breaks well let just say it is a lucky day if you only get hurt anything above 15 000 psi and i dont like working it unless my crew knows the job real well to do what we have to next week we will be running well above 20 000 psi close to 30 000 and we have two NEW guys with us and one is a lazy pot head who i am going fire and the other one is ok but does not know the job or the equipment and has me freaked out all day he wants to do the harder jobs but i dont want to let him just yet hope all goes well

cant wait till i go back to the oil refinery rather be cleaning under ground tanks and pipes with my father inlaw the owner of the compeny then working with the road crew

Re: long day's ahead for me

Quote Originally Posted by phlacid123
    so this is what i do this is not me i will see if i can make some video of us at work
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtsF0...eature=related

we do lots of work for the city and some for acon what you see in the vid does not look bad but it is real hard on your body there is alot of pressure there and if a hose breaks well let just say it is a lucky day if you only get hurt anything above 15 000 psi and i dont like working it unless my crew knows the job real well to do what we have to next week we will be running well above 20 000 psi close to 30 000 and we have two NEW guys with us and one is a lazy pot head who i am going fire and the other one is ok but does not know the job or the equipment and has me freaked out all day he wants to do the harder jobs but i dont want to let him just yet hope all goes well

cant wait till i go back to the oil refinery rather be cleaning under ground tanks and pipes with my father inlaw the owner of the compeny then working with the road crew

Wow, that just knocks the snot out of that concrete road surface. I see what you mean about it being dangerous. Certainly no place for a pot head or someone that doesn't know what they are doing or not being focused.

yeah it is not a bad job i never get bored but there is alot of pressure and last time we had a pump blow i found a 200bls piece of the pump about 150yrd away stuck like a foot in the ground i dont know what they did but it was he guys running the pump who messed up and well crap like that kills you real fast with all my gear on i dont hear to much so i have to know the people i work with are on the ball plus we dont get to stand out in the open like the video shows i am down in some real crapy spots with no room to move not to long ago i was working when a hose bust it happens there is nothing we can do we try to use new equiment but sometime things fail i was down in a underground tank i was not hurt to bad nothing broke but took like two weeks before i feld right again it beat me all over that tank like i was nothing and i am like 220lbs

Dude fire that damn pot head. Its not worth your safety for his lazy ass to be toking up and not having 100% attention on the job. That looks like some serious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis74
    Dude fire that damn pot head. Its not worth your safety for his lazy arse to be toking up and not having 100% attention on the job. That looks like some serious stuff.

i would love nothing more then to fire him but i have to do it right i can't just say your fired the labor board would never let that go but i have written him up twice now for being late and for coming to work smelling like alcohol and pot so one more thing and he is go today i made him shovel gravle all day so i dont think he is to happy with me

Dude fire that damn pot head. Its not worth your safety for his lazy arse to be toking up and not having 100% attention on the job. That looks like some serious stuff.

i would love nothing more then to fire him but i have to do it right i can't just say your fired the labor board would never let that go but i have written him up twice now for being late and for coming to work smelling like alcohol and pot so one more thing and he is go today i made him shovel gravle all day so i dont think he is to happy with me
    Too bad that you weren't working near a farm so that you could have him shoveling cow, horse, or pig dung! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Snuke

Too bad that you weren't working near a farm so that you could have him shoveling cow, horse, or pig dung! :wink:
    Chicken poop is even worse. :x

Quote Originally Posted by centason
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuke

Chicken poop is even worse. :x
    I can't imagine, but I will take your word for it! :?

Please do. I hope no one has the chance to smell that. It's absolutely awful. :?

I used to pressure wash construction vehicles for a while before I got into the yard/warehousing side of things, and we had one 430 backhoe go out to the slaughterhouses.

So when it came back I had the joy of trying to dislodge the cow spine from were it was wedged in the joints of the bucket arm.

Not to mention all the other fun stuff I found that their cleaning guy missed before they returned it, my safety guy was not impressed when I plopped a cow spine on his desk and said "what you want me to do with it?"

Thread Information