Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WOW LG 50" 720p Plasma HDTV for $549 O_o

Was looking for pc parts on the Fry's website (I buy my parts there) and i saw that on the back to school special i was like WTH.
    I wonder why it is so cheap.
    Im wondering if Double Dee could find this cheaper? xD
    http://www.frys.com/product/6181499

Nice Buy I miss frys Havent seen one since I left Dallas. But if you need to know where to get games cheap lemme know like BC2 for $22 brand new

Re: WOW LG 50" 720p Plasma HDTV for $549 O_o

Quote Originally Posted by sk8erboy8
    Was looking for pc parts on the Fry's website (I buy my parts there) and i saw that on the back to school special i was like WTH.
    I wonder why it is so cheap.
    Im wondering if Double Dee could find this cheaper? xD
    http://www.frys.com/product/6181499

Probably because it is only a 720p version and has been discontinued or soon will be. Everyone is looking for 1080i/1080p with 240mhz processors now. Blue-Ray seems to be the new movie standard which is in 1080p, so most people won't buy a new TV that is only 720p?

I agree with snuke. Also, plasma TV's are cheaper than LCD tv's in most stores. You could probably pick that TV up at best buy for around $500. To me fry's have always had high prices however they do have some great sales. But regular prices? newegg can beat them most all the time.

To answer your question, Double Dee would beat em :wink:

Oh i see well I havent buy that yet. Im thinkinig of buying it. Well I was thinking of making this my new monitor, and that still better than my TV lol...

plasmas are garbage. they are trying to discontinue them because they go bad after a year or so. go with LCD :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by jonisgod
    plasmas are garbage. they are trying to discontinue them because they go bad after a year or so. go with LCD :lol:
    I wouldnt say garbage. Next to LCD, plasma will give the best picture especially dark scenes and makes a great PC monitor with the anti burn technology they have now. That is my opinion.

To the OP, if you plan to use it as a PC monitor plasma are a nice addition. However you will need to check hdmi and pc ports. Personally I don't like a monitor over 32". If you plan to have the monitor 12 feet or more from you then 42 plus would be okay. However 32" at 3-4 feet is perfect for me. I ran 42 and 47 LCD monitors in the past but they killed my eyes and I was turning my head and never could focus on anything because it was so large.

Whoever said plasmas are garbage .. obviously doesn't know anything about television industry.

In my opinion plasmas are the best made type of television on the market.. Yes they are expensive and take up a lot of power but the quality of the image is unparalleled even to the most expensive LCD's today.. I say LCD because LED is garbage especially with the gray scale build up.

i went to a neutral review site and found a good advance / disadvantage list for you =

_________

Advantages on Plasma TVs:

- Plasma TVs are available in larger display screen sizes.
    - Plasma has better black levels, and also the contrast ratio.
    - Plasma TVs can be viewed from any angle, as long as the viewing angle is between 160 to 180 degrees. - Plasma TVs have top refreshing rate which captures every detail in a fast action scene.
    - Plasma screen can display billions of colors, producing smooth gradations of shades, enhancing the picture quality to a great extent, making the images life-like and realistic, responding sharply to fast moving images.

Plasma Televisions =

Disadvantages of Plasma TVs:

- Plasma TVS do not perform as well at higher altitudes.
    - Plasma TVs are more susceptible to burn-in of static images.
    - Plasma TVS are thicker than LCD TVs and hence much heavier.

LCD Televisions =
    Advantages of LCD TVs:
    - LCD TVs have better longevity than the Plasma. The average life-span has been predicted as more than 30 years.
    - The display of LCD TVs uses lower power compared to Plasma TVs, but has more consumption than LED. - The screen sizes of LCD TVs are available in various sizes starting from computer monitor screens to over 60 inches.

Disadvantages of LCD TVs:
    - The TV has a very poor contrast level and responds slower to fast moving images, creating a blur.
    - The prices of LCD TVs are higher than the Plasma, and because of the demand and increased production the prices are gradually falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dee
    In my opinion plasmas are the best made type of television on the market.. Yes they are expensive and take up a lot of power but the quality of the image is unparalleled even to the most expensive LCD's today.. I say LCD because LED is garbage especially with the gray scale build up.
    plasmas are cheaper than lcds...idk where you were looking

Quote Originally Posted by jonisgod
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dee
    plasmas are cheaper than lcds...idk where you were looking
    I'm looking on the internet.. its true that 10 years ago Plasmas were much more expensive than LCD's when you compare the price, but now they are the same if not cheaper. It also helps that part of my business deals with these types of electronics.

I recently bought a 1080p 42" Samsung Plasma for $749 .. while the same exact TV in LCD form is $1,160 according to BestBuy.com ..

That is just one example .. I'm sure if you do proper research and compare the Sony BRAVIA series and the Samsung 9xxx series to that of Plasmas offered by Samsung and LG you'll discover that plasmas are much cheaper than that of LCD's. If I had to pick a personal LCD favorite I would look at the XBR series by Sony BRAVIA .. just awesome.. But Plasma will always be my favorite.

Take a look over the advantages and disadvantages again compared to LCD you'll see why

Thread Information