Thread: Opinions

Opinions

I am planning an upgrade already know what I'm getting:

Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 (want this planning crossfire)
    Corsair Dominator 8gb (4x2) ddr3, latency:5
    ATI 5850(cypress pro)
    AMD Phenom II 965x4 3.4g
    Win7 64

I'm wiping my 500gb HDD with DBAN so that will be as good as new....

Now the thing is I really don't want to buy a crazy tower or even buy one at all.... so I was thinking bout modding my gateway tower (its pretty big) and upgrading all my fans... Intake, exaust, and CPU to high cfm. Just want opinions on the tower, minds made up for everything else!! Thanks in advance!!!

I have the AMD Phenom 955 x4 BE, you are going to need to get rid of that heatsink that comes with that processor because it sux. I went with the Zalman 9900 Led. My CPU never gets above 31c with a full gaming load on it. I have the Cooler Master HAF 932 Case aswell which provides me with plenty of airflow.

Just something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by fourms
    I hve the AMD Phenom 955 x4 BE, you are going to need to get rid of that heatsink that comes with that processor because it sux. I went with the Zalman 9900 Led. My CPU never gets above 31c with a full gaming load on it. I have the Cooler Master HAF 932 Case aswell which provides me with plenty of airflow.

Just something to consider.
    Ya not paying 160 bucks for a tower looked at that one it's sweet but if i can get away with some fan mods and a couple other tower mods to increase airflow I'm good.... Thanks for the heads up on the heat sink good loooking out, I heard they sucked from quite a few people!!! 8)

Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 (want this planning crossfire) same board i just got it is awesome blows my old board away 790FXT UD5P cant go wrong with the fxta even has tri crossfire ready for three cards and 3.0 power 3.0 usb and 6gbps sata a great buy

I second the HAF932 and newegg has it for $139 shipped. You could go with the antec 900 for under $100 but you wont fit two ati cards in there and get good temps. Later if you want a killer full size case I would go with the corsair 8000 at $280.

I think you will need a better case because the CPU and the cross fire ATI cards will have massive heat build up. I dont think modding your dell tower will work very well. But try modding the tower you have. If it dont work just upgrade your case. but go with a full size tower for cross fire

Thread Information