PSP Tutorial: How To Make A Pandora Battery, Magic Memory Stick And Downgrade Your PSP

This is a tutorial on how to Make a Pandora Battery + A Magic Memory Stick + Downgrading...

Before continuing...a fellow member asked a question...what does modding a PSP do?...i am sure most of those asking this question would not want to waste there time doing this without knowing wtf it's for...So let's investigate a little shall we?

...Well first off the main thing...by doing this you can play downloaded PSP games with ease ;D without a Disk...and without all that gay hassle of disks...

but onto some other things....by modding a PSP you can do the following:

-Play emulators on the PSP...examples: Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Game boy + Advance, MSX, Atari, etc
-Play PlayStation Games on the PSP
-Cheats can be used on PSP, PS games and the emulators
-Can get plug-ins that can let you do many things...some of which are: Being able to play your OWN music in GAME, screen saver, cheats, custom themes, lock down, etc
-Lock down enables the ability to, when you put the game in sleep mode than turn it back on a lock down will occur...you must input the correct password...it can be any number of combination...and it does not show how many there are....reset can be done easilly by accessing recovery...but it's good to keep those from messing with your current game ;D
-Home-brew applications that can do many things, hide files, play mini games, do different things...heck there are applications that read the bible (and it's good...bookmarks...everything is organized and everything) and even go so far as learning programs for languages...

and more...

Now onto the main thing....

I have posted a few so far and still have many to go...see the bottem of the this tutorial for the link to the NEXT ONE...

First i would like to say that, yes i could show this all myself...but that would take much video taping...and...just far more time...so i will refer you to three videos that i used myself...

i implore you...i WARN YOU...READ EVERYTHING...and WATCH EVERYTHING...i will go along and sum up the videos as well as add in a few extra points that i feel i should say...

You will first need a few things...

1) PSP (slim or PHAT..phat is better but...it can be done on both)

2) A 2200 Battery (preferably) - This will be the battery you will PANDORIZE...

3) A Battery that you would use regularly (gotta play the PSP with something ;D)

4) A Memory Stick Duo For the PSP (preferably 1gb...any more is not needed) - This is the memory stick you will make into a Magic Memory Stick

5) A Memory Stick Duo For the PSP (of any size) - This is what you will play with XD

6) USB Cable For PSP

7) The Files For The Magic Memory Stick - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5FCPRW0E - You will use these to create a magic memory stick

*NOTE* - For those who have a SLIM 1200 Battery and not a PHAT 2200 battery...please go to HERE to do the FIRST part of this tutorial...once your done...there should be a link at the end of it...bringing you back here so you may continue with the other 2 Parts of this tutorial...

Good Luck!

I Must also add in that this guy D00mFighteR Did quite an amazing job at setting everything up and making a tutorial...if i wasn't so lazy and didn't feel like spending the time...i might make a tutorial video myself... but in the mean time...his is the best I've found

PART 1 - Making The Pandora Battery

[flash width=425 height=350 loop=false:6a7bd7c080]http://www.youtube.com/v/p8R6g1M14uE[/flash:6a7bd7c080]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8R6g1M14uE

This man has said it all but i will say some things as well...first off BE PATIENT WITH IT...the electronic component inside of it is very sensitive...if you rush it...and **** it up...you are out of a battery which I'm sure you don't want...take your time, no matter how tedious it is...just remember...it's all worth it when you finally get it done...

This is probably the hardest part...and the easiest...EASIEST because what your doing isn't all that complicated...it's just the HARDEST because of how much time and patience is needed to crack the baby open...

I used a knife with a...sort of hook at the end...and sc****d until it went through....i applied pressure but not to much...just enough to make sure i was actually cutting it...

When you finally get the seal broken...if it doesn't come off (and i mean you broke the side and bottom seals) make sure you got everything...i spent 10 minutes wondering why it wouldn't open when i broke all the seals...and i realized the corners were not broken...

Also do NOT touch the TOP unless it's a LAST RESORT....the top is the most sensitive, especially because it is where the components are...and where it connects to the PSP...so if you can avoid it...do NOT touch the top

If sides, bottom, and corners are all broken but it will not come off because of the top...take a bit (cut it) little by little..and stay as far away from the connection point as possible...screw that little thing up and your out of a battery.

Once everything is all done and it comes off...pay attention to where he says to cut...it's at 3:00 in the video above that it shows a picture...

Once that is cut off...i mean...disconnected...put the cover on...and put 1 wrap of tape...side to side...360 degrees...anymore and it might not fit...

Also...a note...because this thing you must cut is close to a few "cell" thingies...(i call'em cells ahaha)...touch that..and you may get a few sparks...but fret not...since this does NOT mean you busted it and ****ed up...happened to me...and my battery is still working after 2 years ;D

Once it is done...and you can put it into your PSP...we end this section...

-END Part 1

PART 2: Making A Magic Memory Stick

[flash width=425 height=350 loop=false:6a7bd7c080]http://www.youtube.com/v/m2GTskgIXv0[/flash:6a7bd7c080]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2GTskgIXv0

This part is fairly straight forward...follow the video and use the 1gb memory stick...(not the playing one...) and you should be fine...

there's not much to say on this part since it's fairly simple

-END Part 2

Part 3 - Downgrading Your PSP

[flash width=425 height=350 loop=false:6a7bd7c080]http://www.youtube.com/v/3J9mH4pSrus[/flash:6a7bd7c080]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J9mH4pSrus

Again...not much to say on this part since it is fairly straight forward...the only thing that needs to be said...is good luck ^__^...

A Few Notes

Doing part 3 is used to Unbrick your PSP...if it's SEMI-BRICKED...using the Recovery Menu is an easier way to fix it...but if that can't be accessed...than doing Part 3 is how you would fix a Bricked PSP...

Bricked PSP is when it tried to turn on but hangs....and won't turn on....(green light comes on...than goes off)....and SEMI-BRICKED PSP is when it turns on...but the moment it tries going to the...title...or main screen...it crashed...this can be fixed using the Recovery Menu...which i may put a tutorial for later on...

This concludes my First Tutorial...i know that i didn't do the videos myself but i still hope i was of help to you ^___^

-END Part 3

-End PSP Tutorial - How To Make A Pandora Battery, Magic Memory Stick And Downgrade Your PSP

*NOTE* This does not FULLY Modify your PSP...by this...i mean it just downgrades it...from here...updating it with CUSTOM FIRMWARE...would finish the modifications...

Here is the NEXT Tutorial...take a break...or proceed there ;D you got all the time in the world

PSP Tutorial: How To Play PSP Games (ISO/CSO/EBOOT)

If any problems arise please proceed to the PSP Questions/Problems/FAQs/Etc... Thread

I am Thinking of doing a few other tutorials...this is a list of what i have so far...if you would like me to make them just ask and i shall...if you also want to know other things i will answer/make a tutorial for that...

i will also start uploading some games in increments (as my bandwidth sucks)...so please tell me what type of games you like ^___^ and i will try my best to upload them...i will put this in the GAMES SHAREZ Section...in a post for PSP games...and will organize it...

here is the list of what I'm thinking so far:

1) Custom Theme Tutorial
2) Games Tutorial - How To Play/How To Fix Errors/Cheats/Types/Etc..
3) Programs And Applications For PSP
4) Plug-ins And Firmware And Custom Firmware...Pros And Cons
5) PSN Store, and Newer Games
6) How To Unbrick a Bricked/Semi-Bricked PSP

anymore...just ask..

-JC_Denton