Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DL speed issue

DL speed issue

what would i need to make my comp DL fast, i read all over this EPIC site. and see people DLing at 1MB/s at best i get 500 - 700. what do i need a faster dsl connection, faster FSB. more memory, better cpu. whats the deal with my crapppy speeds... any help is greatly apreciated.

LaX

Re: DL speed issue

Quote Originally Posted by LaXPayer69
    what would i need to make my comp DL fast, i read all over this EPIC site. and see people DLing at 1MB/s at best i get 500 - 700. what do i need a faster dsl connection, faster FSB. more memory, better cpu. whats the deal with my crapppy speeds... any help is greatly apreciated.

LaX
    It depends on the speed you are subscribed too. Call your ISP and ask them about increasing your bandwidth. Ask them to ask check to see if you are getting the full bandwidth. They can do that from their office. My ISP offers 1mb download all the way to 20. depends on what you want to pay (anywhere from $20 to $50 in my case). But if you think it is slow call your ISP. ask them to check your speed.

yah... i am currently paying for a 10mb bandwidth and only downloading at like 500-700 if i am lucky... $50 a month down the tube...If you live down under i heard that they limit your bandwidth so you can actually run out before the end of the month, what a load...

Not usually i use time warner and they have highspeed or low speed i use highspeed cuz that gives u the highest bandwith for downloading and i stay at usually 1mb on a download. So my recomendations is going tw if its in ur general area.

Re: DL speed issue

Quote Originally Posted by LaXPayer69
    what do i need a faster dsl connection, more , better cpu. .

LaX
    Im just quoting this because if u are referring to a cpu its refering to a part on ur computer like for ex. Im going out and getting 1gig for my computer. Thats like me saying hey im going to get a better modem adp when u already have one. Just to point that out. no offense but its just how i reffer to a computer.

1mb/s ?

hmm .. i get 12mb/s

100mbit fiber optics

I wished we get the speed we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by 021llf4
    The Asian countries have always had the best and the fastest I-Net. Several years ago when we were dreaming of fast DL or UL , they had 10mbs on their cellphones and 20plus on their home systems. Asians always had the best and they always get it first when it comes to speed.

Yea i know, Japanese people pay less than us and get 10x the speed. Kinda sad how we're getting ripped off, but what can we do..

Quote Originally Posted by 021llf4
    what if ur connected to ur router? wouldnt that help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information