Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
    ....want some Texas Pecans??

...have in the past two weeks off of three trees pulled over 1000+lbs! <y poor Mom is so sick of pecans she can't stand it! Found an orchard up in Rosharon that have none that may be able to help out with cracking and sorting so we can try and sell them. There have to be several tons laying on the ground on our 25acres since the last front blew threw this past weekend.

...anyone close since I will be retired after this Friday I could use some help!! 8)

....sorry I haven't been adding anything to this thread of mine lately but have been pretty stressed with work at the darn phone company...
    BUT, NOW I am FREE!!

....will get back into posting up some videos that will show you guys how to do it like I do and as well show you how to cook to impress while adhering to a budget. FORGET that nasty azz "Micky D's" or "Taco Bell" crap. I'll show you how to eat yourself into a coma every night while saving some funds. Heck, I have been doing it for years! I am sure that I can share some of my knowledge with all of you and you can share some with me.

Check this out. Finally picked up a nice 8 quart pressure cooker last night when I was out. My little Brother swears by his and I finally remembered to pick one up. Was half price when I looked at them so "WTH" I grabbed it.
    Opened the darn thing up and washed it out after pulling all the "Made in China" tags off of it. Took a look at the instructions and was amazed at the cooking chart in the back of the manual.
    GTFU they say that I can cook a four pound roast in that amount of time me says!! So I checked it out...

Four Pound beef roast (browned on all sides in the cast iron pan)
    Two pounds red potatoes
    Two cloves crushed garlic
    Sea Salt to taste
    Six carrots chopped up
    One white Onion sliced up
    Some fresh black pepper
    One jalapeno pepper slit down the middle

One cup and a half of water

....I fired the darn thing up and when the pressure regulator on the top started spitting and sputtering I backed the gas down a notch and let it spin for maybe 30-40 minutes.
    Talk about some good eats!! I added a touch of flour that I had shaken up with a little milk so that I could make some gravy and then let it reduce with the top off the cooker.

...talk about good! Stuff is about to put me into a coma and have dreams that I wish I could remember!

.....besides me experimenting with that pressure cooker I will have to come up with some good recipes to share concerning Pecans.

......finally figured out how to get the shells off without messing up the meat this evening. Took me a while but they sure look good and would look nice depending on the presentation.....

....managed to take the shells off and the meat stays intact. never seen that done before...

Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340
    .....besides me experimenting with that pressure cooker I will have to come up with some good recipes to share concerning Pecans.

......finally figured out how to get the shells off without messing up the meat this evening. Took me a while but they sure look good and would look nice depending on the presentation.....

....managed to take the shells off and the meat stays intact. never seen that done before...
    I love looking at your nuts.. so plump and meaty!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonov

I love looking at your nuts.. so plump and meaty!
    ....that's the same that my "girlfriends" say!!

--== Galveston's Spiced Pecans ==--

...here ya go for one that everyone loves!
    2 and half cups water
    1/4 cups Raw Cane Sugar (use Turbanado!!)
    1/8 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper (USE HABANERO!)
    1 Cup Pecan Halves
    ...some good oil for frying.....

Here ya go.....

Mix up the water, sugar, and the pepper powder in a pot and bring it to a boil.
    Add the Pecans and keep it going at a biol for about five minutes.
    Once they are done pull the nuts and then pull them off the fire and throw them into a collander or a strainer so that you can drain off the mix.

...then in a good bowl, either glass or stainless, put the nuts in and toss them with the mix of cane sugar and pepper and toss them for a bit to make sure that they are all covered with the mix.
    ....what you want to do next is heat up your frying pan with some good clean oil up to about 350f.
    Fry the coated nuts for two or three minutes and then pull them out and put them on a sheet pan to cool. BUT...shake some more cayenne/sugar on them when you pull them out.

This is some "good Shizz" I have to tell you!
    An "OFFICIAL GALVESTON COUNTY SHRIMP BOAT APPROVED RECIPE"

....I have a ton or more stuff to post up in this thread...but am not going to make them tonight.
    Might I take this opportunity to wish all my fellow members that read this thread and like to cook and experiment with flavors a "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"

....I will be posting up some new stuff that will have you thinking "Where in the heck did he figure that out?" in the upcoming year....so stay tuned!'

.....have a safe and a hopefully good upcoming year "Ya'll".

Galveston340

......about that time again!! Time to fire up the Pit down here finally!!!

mmmmm im hungry now !!

Quote Originally Posted by jonisgod
    mmmmm im hungry now !!
    ...as I sit here smelling of smoke as I just came back inside to see what was going on I might as well let you know that I have three big azz whole chickens in the smoke.
    Came up with three different versions of a dry rub that I am trying out.

Pit temp is at 190 w/Pecan and Oak....
    Outside temp as I kick back is at a chilly 73f.....sure wish winter would be gone. :wink:

Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast

Thread Information