Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    oh nice man that look sooooooooo hot..... oh i mean yummy lol.... i was also in the 18+ forum LOL!

...almost time down here as it is currently 72f! Gonna be posting some good stuff here so if there are any requests get them in now so you'll have time to try the recipe out before you have company!

Galveston I'm currently going to Culinary school, I'll pick through my recipes when I get a chance and post some up. We have made some damn good items in the past few weeks, for instance we have done our own sausage and pepperoni and shit inside in a smokeshack.

lol galveston340 you got some really good things on here! Also, I suggest that you go make your own cooking show becuase you sound like a pro cooker!

Quote Originally Posted by Somuna
    lol galveston340 you got some really good things on here! Also, I suggest that you go make your own cooking show becuase you sound like a pro cooker!
    This summer I might make a couple of "instructional" videos...but a show? NO WAY! Too busy as it is!

Galveston,dam should have known.Hows the Seawall these days?? haven't been there since 79.
    But finally a thread I can sink my teeth into,Have u ever tried DrPepper and Italian dressing on brisket???Soak at least over nite,My daughter uses that on hers,and the Family loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTPEPPER
    Galveston,dam should have known.Hows the Seawall these days?? haven't been there since 79.
    But finally a thread I can sink my teeth into,Have u ever tried DrPepper and Italian dressing on brisket???Soak at least over nite,My daughter uses that on hers,and the Family loves it.
    Galveston is not even close to what she used to be back in '79! Island was already going downhill and then Hurricane Ike really did a number a few months ago. Bolivar is wiped out...whole subdivisions hit so hard even the concrete slabs under the houses that were there are gone! West End of the island down near the San Luis Pass bridge hit almost as bad.

I never tried soaking a brisket in good old "Dr.Pepper" but have used Wish Bone Zesty Italian dressing before when I first started out using a pit. You might try using one of my previously posted "dry rub" recipes along with your method...and then after marinating for....say overnight....take the meat out and pat it dry with a paper towel..then rub it down with the dry rub for some added flavor.

Of course...smoke the brisket for 8-12hrs at about 190f and it should be good to go!

Tip Of the WEEK:

If you are going to smoke meats for extended periods of time you should make sure that you have a good bed of coals made up before you put the meat into your smoker. I see a lot of cooks that have a smaller bed of coals than they need and are constantly adding wood to the fire more than they need to. They wonder why after they are done that the meat has a "creosote" taste...kind of bitter...to it. All the smoke you need is just enough to slowly infiltrate what you are cooking. I make a big fire and let it burn down...then add just enough Pecan or Oak to the fire so that when I hold my hand over the stack that when I pull it away I can smell the smoke. If the fire is smoking too hard when the wood is added I open one of the doors on the cooking part of the pit to enable the just placed wood to burn down a bit and then close it when there isn't as much smoke evident.

When fast cooking meats such as steaks or chicken just place the wood you want to have generating the smoke on the edge of your bed of coals as well!

Damn...getting hungry as I type this so gonna have to thaw out something to cook this afternoon!!

BTW....back on the Galveston subject you should download the newest version of "Google Earth". You can take a look at Galveston and the Bolivar Peninsula with that and use the "before and after" timeline feature to see what damages were done!

:lol:

Brother the food sounds good BUT the warm/ Hot weather sounds VERY nice, in the backyard, beer in hand, cooler at the ready, under a shade tree smells from the pitt filling the air... I hate OHIO! we are reaching a blistering 42 degrees today.

sorry to jack the thread but you mentioned the weather at you place and its all I can think about... besides sitting near the pitt with beer in hand... LOL 8)

Quote Originally Posted by jcgross
    Brother the food sounds good BUT the warm/ Hot weather sounds VERY nice, in the backyard, beer in hand, cooler at the ready, under a shade tree smells from the pitt filling the air... I hate OHIO! we are reaching a blistering 42 degrees today.

sorry to jack the thread but you mentioned the weather at you place and its all I can think about... besides sitting near the pitt with beer in hand... LOL 8)
    Cold down here as well last night.....but going to get up to high seventies this afternoon! Just got the fire going and already had some cervezas in the back of the 'fridge!

Going to pass along to the cook of the family all ur notes.Sorry to hear about the seawall had some great times there.Will have to visit soon.
    Chow Down.

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information