Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tonys
    Gavelston, im from the UK and tbh we don't get wild boar over here...any chance you know a good recipe for some spicey but delicious chicken? Thanks
    ......everything I cook or share a recipe here is "delicious"!! First off, when you say "spicy" do you mean as in spicy with heat or something different? And how would you like to cook the chicken? Whole chicken or leg quarters? Let me know and I'll see what I have in the recipe drawer or will think of something on the fly. Will be here on and off all night as I have been tending the big pit since 9AM this morning and have quite a few hours to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340
    Gavelston, im from the UK and tbh we don't get wild boar over here...any chance you know a good recipe for some spicey but delicious chicken? Thanks
    ......everything I cook or share a recipe here is "delicious"!! First off, when you say "spicy" do you mean as in spicy with heat or something different? And how would you like to cook the chicken? Whole chicken or leg quarters? Let me know and I'll see what I have in the recipe drawer or will think of something on the fly. Will be here on and off all night as I have been tending the big pit since 9AM this morning and have quite a few hours to go!
    Great, well i'm looking for hot & spicy but something that you can still have a good taste of the chicken. And Wings/Leg quarters i'm looking to do.

Great, well i'm looking for hot & spicy but something that you can still have a good taste of the chicken. And Wings/Leg quarters i'm looking to do.
    ....OK! How "hot" do you consider "spicy" there tonys? reason I ask is that I can spark something up that is as lame on the spicy scale as fresh black pepper all the way up to marinated with habanero peppers. Give me something to work with!! How do you intend to cook them as well?

....OK! How "hot" do you consider "spicy" there tonys? reason I ask is that I can spark something up that is as lame on the spicy scale as fresh black pepper all the way up to marinated with habanero peppers. Give me something to work with!! How do you intend to cook them as well?
    Ahh hot as in chili hot, and in the oven

Galveston your the man. I wish i still lived in texas the weather down there is way better for growing jalapinos and habaneros then it is up here in washington state. Have a good growing season man your recipes remind me of the cook outs i had when my folks and i lived down there. If you have any good sites to get a good smoker that uses real wood and not the chips let me know ive being looking online and man theres a ton but they are way out of my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by birdbob
    Galveston your the man. I wish i still lived in texas the weather down there is way better for growing jalapinos and habaneros then it is up here in washington state. Have a good growing season man your recipes remind me of the cook outs i had when my folks and i lived down there. If you have any good sites to get a good smoker that uses real wood and not the chips let me know ive being looking online and man theres a ton but they are way out of my budget.
    ..thanks for the kudo's "birdbob"! There is a pretty good one that is relatively cheap online at Home Depot. Made by Brinkman and runs on propane. What my Brother did was put a heavy plate (metal) with two small holes drilled into it over the burner. Throw a piece of Pecan or Hickory in there so the heat from the burner hits the plate and causes the wood to smoke. Since it's gas you can control the temp and never have to worry about the fire either getting too hot or too low.
    ....He smokes some of that feral hog meat in there for 10-15hrs and talk about tasty!!

...talk about "pizzed"!! Had some tree trimmers here this past thursday to take down five trees that had died. Had a very large stainless steel bowl that I had used last weekend to brine three whole chickens sitting on the back porch. Got up this morning at 4AM to brine a couple more chickens and wanted to have them ready when i fired up the Pit at sun up.

....damn jackwagons stole my bowl!! Their employer will be getting an ear full from me this afternoon to say the least!!

......good recipe for some authentic Russian Fish soup....with some nice "eye candy"!

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_H4Rsp28IKc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="600" height="400">

Hello, Galveston. I noticed you really like BBQ. As a brazilian, I think I know one thing or two about the subject. The link below is a sample of the Marcos Bassi collection. When it comes to BBQ, Bassi is a reference. I know maybe you'll don't understand a single word. If you want, I can translate some clips of your interest, as there's a lot of Bassi's stuff on YouTube.
    Take care and stay hungry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmLBj...eature=related

....will have to check it out...Thanks!

Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information