Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jcgross
    here is another kick a$$ website, I have gotten MANY recipies from, Galveston I am sure you know of this one, if not give it a look, I found the BEST veal recipe on it! yummmmm veal!
    http://www.cooks.com/
    Darnit...SAG must be asleep at the wheel so I found this site that might be to his liking since he hasn't told me what he has to work with. Gonna have to check this one out to see how I can modify some of the recipes and add a "Texas" touch to them! tell you what I'll do...I'll register there and ask some of you guys from "Down Under" what kind of wood you guys use to smoke meats with and we can go from there. I am sure that I can hook you up with the proper spices and depending on what meats you use down there then we are good to go!

Check this site out as it has some pretty good stuff to show you non Australians how they cook...at least from the few recipes I just checked out.

http://www.fooddownunder.com/

Could someone tell me if kangaroo meat is lean...gamey tasting? Darn things look like big squirrels to me but I am always up to learning more about cuisine/cooking from other regions

here is my famous sausage gravy.

1Lb Bob Evans Sausage, cooked and crumbled.
    small ammount of sweet Basil
    Flour mixed w/ milk/ to thicken.
    Secret is 1 can Carnation Evaporated Milk.
    cook and stir till thickened
    3-5 shakes of "Franks" red hot hot sauce.
    1 roll of Pilsbury"Grands" Biscuts.
    cook that up, make a plate put 2 eggs over easy on top of it w/ a big glass of milk, and watch the History Channel, fall to sleep then wake up at noon and strart your day... LOL!

Galveston, are you hungry now???

Quote Originally Posted by jcgross
    here is my famous sausage gravy.

1Lb Bob Evans Sausage, cooked and crumbled.
    small ammount of sweet Basil
    Flour mixed w/ milk/ to thicken.
    Secret is 1 can Carnation Evaporated Milk.
    cook and stir till thickened
    3-5 shakes of "Franks" red hot hot sauce.
    1 roll of Pilsbury"Grands" Biscuts.
    cook that up, make a plate put 2 eggs over easy on top of it w/ a big glass of milk, and watch the History Channel, fall to sleep then wake up at noon and strart your day... LOL!

Galveston, are you hungry now???
    Been hungry since I got home..that's why I have half a pork loin stuffed with spinach and some pablano peppers along with some Mexican cheese and garlic on the Pit right now! It will be done in about 45mins so gonna eat myself into a coma when it's ready!

well galveston, you have a recipe for the am stuffing, this recipe is from one of my buddies mom, (hes the one that works at the M1A1 Tank plant, shes a country old skool gal, you ought to taste her country fried steak or chicken! wow!

at any rate get full and fall out, Ill catch you later. (im getting ready to hit the sack as well. laters.

Try this for kangaroo meat Galveston... I have tried it a few times..its a very lean meat and low in fat and tastes to me like pork... we have kangaroo sausages down that we call kanga bangers..nice for breakfast !!

http://www.benjaminchristie.com/arti...-meat-properly

I just went out for ribs tonight with the lady.. meat nearly fell of the bone.. soo good... now I'm hungry again.. damn.

thanks foe the methods of smoking the meats Galveston appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by lockinload
    Try this for kangaroo meat Galveston... I have tried it a few times..its a very lean meat and low in fat and tastes to me like pork... we have kangaroo sausages down that we call kanga bangers..nice for breakfast !!

http://www.benjaminchristie.com/arti...-meat-properly

So that is what Kangaroo meat looks like! I could do some serious damage with some of that here in Texas if i were to smoke some of that lean looking meat over Pecan! I have smoked some Buffalo and Elk that my neighbor brought by just to see what I could do with it and that meat in the pics looks very much the same. Lean meats are best either....as the article states served rare to medium rare...but I always either add a dry rub or a marinade to add some flavor. Also smoking meats is a "Low and Slow" method of cooking so the temps are kept low....and you cook for an extended time...so that you don't make the meat tough. Take Beef Brisket for example. You have to cook it this way in order for it to get tender.

...NOW...who is gonna ship me some 'Roo so I can try this out???

i am bak sos my m8 wanted me 2 reformat his pc + try set his xb360 up 4 the net

really idk what i have in the fridge lol not 2 much till the bitch goes shopping and buys some meat lol

Quote Originally Posted by someaussieguy
    i am bak sos my m8 wanted me 2 reformat his pc + try set his xb360 up 4 the net

really idk what i have in the fridge lol not 2 much till the bitch goes shopping and buys some meat lol
    Ya Lunatic!! have another one and then tell me what you get loaded up into the fridge and I'll shoot ya some recipes!!

......LOL.....

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information