Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin
    Yes, anyway you think you might be able to send some? Maybe frozen packed with dry ice?
    ....I don't have any left in the freezer but might be able to shoot a few in the next few weeks. Should be able to send you some overnight packed up...

Senior Moderator
    Ok thanks, I'll give you a call this week Galveston and work out the details.

...had a request from "Paidcustomer" for a recipe for a brisket that could be made in the oven. The following is from "Paula Dean" from Atlanta so it ought to be pretty good if she recommends it!

--==MODIFIED TO MY TASTE==--

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons chili powder
    * 2 tablespoons sea salt
    * 2 tablespoon granulated garlic
    * 1 tablespoon granulated onion
    * 1 tablespoon FRESH ground black pepper
    * 1 tablespoon brown sugar
    * 2 teaspoons dry mustard
    * 1 bay leaf, crushed
    * 4 pounds beef brisket, trimmed
    * 1 1/2 cups beef stock

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Make a dry rub by combining chili powder, salt, garlic and onion powders, black pepper, brown sugar, dry mustard, and bay leaf. Season the raw brisket on both sides with the rub.

GALVESTON EDIT: Let the "rub" sit on the brisket for at least ONE HOUR before cooking!!

Place in a roasting pan and roast, uncovered, for 1 hour.

Add beef stock and enough water to yield about 1/2 inch of liquid in the roasting pan. Lower oven to 300 degrees F, cover pan tightly and continue cooking for 3 hours, or until fork-tender.

Trim the fat and slice meat thinly across the grain. Top with juice from the pan.

.....I would add some red wine to the beef stock as well as cover the top of the brisket with some sliced mushrooms and sliced onions as well before covering with foil....

....OK...had some of you asking about that darn "KFC" yardbird...and I had "Montezumas Revenge" the past two times I ate there. So I'll post the method I used...or make a video to show you fellow members how to take a big azzed bag of "Yard Bird" leg quarters that down here you can get for 39 cents a pound....make them tasty with my "tricked out" methods....
    ....and feed a Family of Four for a week and even invite the "Inlaws"!! :wink:

Armadillo.

Galv... I have a challenging one for you.
    Ok.. so my neighbor is havin armadillo problems... So I cought the lil some gun. So I am going to feed it corn for a week. What do you know about eating wild armadillo? Have you? I have heard of it,... and I even watched 2 programs in which Andrew Zimmern ate armadillo. I do know they carry a bacterium that causes leprosy. The only cases of transmission from armadillos to humans have occurred in rare incidents in which people ate undercooked armadillo meat. I am dying to try armadillo. =P~ Now I have read pleny of stuff online. I am just wondering if you have any first hand experience?

Re: Armadillo.

Quote Originally Posted by FNG
    Galv... I have a challenging one for you.
    Ok.. so my neighbor is havin armadillo problems... So I cought the lil some gun. So I am going to feed it corn for a week. What do you know about eating wild armadillo? Have you? I have heard of it,... and I even watched 2 programs in which Andrew Zimmern ate armadillo. I do know they carry a bacterium that causes leprosy. The only cases of transmission from armadillos to humans have occurred in rare incidents in which people ate undercooked armadillo meat. I am dying to try armadillo. =P~ Now I have read pleny of stuff online. I am just wondering if you have any first hand experience?
    ....sorry but I haven't ever tried it. I am concerned about the Leprosy transmission and the way I usually smoke my meats on the Pit I am concerned that it might not get hot enough to fully kill the virus. IF you are going to try it I'd be very careful!

....from what I have heard they used to call them "Hoover Hogs" during the great Depression as folks were forced to eat off the land back then. Also heard they taste like pork...

Thanks.. i better stick to what I know. BTW.. that 500 S&W Grill.. did u get that pic off the net or did u see that for sale? I would entertain purchasing it.. that is.. if it wasent outragously over piced.

Quote Originally Posted by FNG
    Thanks.. i better stick to what I know. BTW.. that 500 S&W Grill.. did u get that pic off the net or did u see that for sale? I would entertain purchasing it.. that is.. if it wasent outragously over piced.
    ...I think I saw it over at "smokedmeatforums". You know that they would be asking a pretty penny for it and I doubt that it would cook that well!

....haven't been active here lately so thought I would share these two finds I came across Friday while at work.....

............Sandwich with the Highest Calorie/Fat Count.....

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jQX2kC1jUB8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="480">

........Worst Pizza Ever!!.......

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lz2SxGNy-Mw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="480">

Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340
    ....down here In Texas we usually have some Pinto Beans and Potato Salad to go with the other grub you just brought out of the pit. Usually go into a coma after a couple of big plates of BBQ "with the fixings" so here is one recipe for both...

Texas pinto beans

Two pounds dried pinto beans
    One pound bacon {I use smoked wild hog}
    Can't have beans without the Bacon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340
    STIR....STIR....have a beer...STIR....

Don't add salt until just before serving. Beans are best if refrigerated overnight, reheated, and salt is added just before serving.

Texas' best potato salad

Mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip for the love of God!)

Leave on as much peel as you like.

After I make this I'll clear out some space in the garage "Beerfridgerator" so I can chill the potato salad back down as I don't serve it warm....

Galveston340
    Mayo = True Southern Cooking,
    Peels on = Only way to go!
    "Beerfridgerator" = WIN

We do it the same way, way up here in the North East, North East Texas that is!

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information