Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 576
  1. #451
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Look up.
    Posts
    1,276
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340
    .....sorry for nothing to post here as it's been raining cats and dogs down here almost all week. Here is a small radar loop from just a few hours today. I live about five minutes from the NOAA radar site...

    http://radblast-mi.wunderground.com/...ing=0&smooth=1

    ....hopefully I can fire up the pit this weekend....
    Hopefully you can buddy, get some 4th Food!

  2. #452
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Galveston, TEXAS
    Posts
    15,557
    Rep Power
    0
    ...decided since I can roll the pit under some cover I am cooking come "hell or high water" this weekend! Just got back from the stores with one rack of St.Louis cut ribs, two racks of baby backs, two briskets,a big azzed bag of leg quartered Pollo, and some venison sausage links from a friend...

    ...OH SNAP....forgot to grab some cervezas!! 8)

  3. #453
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340
    ...decided since I can roll the pit under some cover I am cooking come "hell or high water" this weekend! Just got back from the stores with one rack of St.Louis cut ribs, two racks of baby backs, two briskets,a big azzed bag of leg quartered Pollo, and some venison sausage links from a friend...

    ...OH SNAP....forgot to grab some cervezas!! 8)
    Ribs sound good for this weekend.
    I'd post my recipe but I'd have to kill everyone once they read it.
    It's a secret.

    Maybe Snake will over night mail you one if he doesn't eat them all lol

  4. #454
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Galveston, TEXAS
    Posts
    15,557
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGenius
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340
    ...decided since I can roll the pit under some cover I am cooking come "hell or high water" this weekend! Just got back from the stores with one rack of St.Louis cut ribs, two racks of baby backs, two briskets,a big azzed bag of leg quartered Pollo, and some venison sausage links from a friend...

    ...OH SNAP....forgot to grab some cervezas!! 8)
    Ribs sound good for this weekend.
    I'd post my recipe but I'd have to kill everyone once they read it.
    It's a secret.

    Maybe Snake will over night mail you one if he doesn't eat them all lol
    ....just have "Mr.C" call me with the recipe as he has my number!! 8)

  5. #455
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGenius
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340
    ...decided since I can roll the pit under some cover I am cooking come "hell or high water" this weekend! Just got back from the stores with one rack of St.Louis cut ribs, two racks of baby backs, two briskets,a big azzed bag of leg quartered Pollo, and some venison sausage links from a friend...

    ...OH SNAP....forgot to grab some cervezas!! 8)
    Ribs sound good for this weekend.
    I'd post my recipe but I'd have to kill everyone once they read it.
    It's a secret.

    Maybe Snake will over night mail you one if he doesn't eat them all lol
    ....just have "Mr.C" call me with the recipe as he has my number!! 8)
    Even he doesn't have the recipe

  6. #456
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Galveston, TEXAS
    Posts
    15,557
    Rep Power
    0
    ....saw this lady this afternoon as she took part in the "Nathans'" Hot Dog eating thing on ESPN.....41yrs old...five foot nothing at right around 100lbs...

    ....did some looking and she was a "ringer" on Guys Big Bites via Food Network a while back!!
    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8x49Ofbq64E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">


  7. #457
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Look up.
    Posts
    1,276
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340
    ....saw this lady this afternoon as she took part in the "Nathans'" Hot Dog eating thing on ESPN.....41yrs old...five foot nothing at right around 100lbs...

    ....did some looking and she was a "ringer" on Guys Big Bites via Food Network a while back!!
    <embed>

    Ever watch Drivers Dine in's and drives? I love that show man. Shows you real good american food and food from other countries.

  8. #458
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Look up.
    Posts
    1,276
    Rep Power
    0
    WOW She sure can eat shrimp like crazy!
    I want a woman like that.

  9. #459
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Galveston, TEXAS
    Posts
    15,557
    Rep Power
    0
    ....my good friend "Papercuts777" posted this today....even though his version is a "Yankee Jackwagon" version...some of you might find it to be better than what you can get it you want to try it....and if live up north of Dallas!

    ....looks like I will need to get my Son down here soon to run the camera again and show anyone interested how to make the stuff like we do down here in Texas!.....

    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hXIIEMY59Mo?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="488">


    ....."serving suggestion"....use fresh cilantro in the salsa...Add the "Gringo Cheese" AFTER you cook the pie as it has too much grease in it...add it when you serve the stuff......

  10. #460
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Galveston, TEXAS
    Posts
    15,557
    Rep Power
    0
    ......OK....it's finally cooled off down here and it's time to fire up the Pit. On today's menu is.....Ribs and RIBS! Pit is getting warmed up and watching the radar....

    Two racks of baby backs....and two full racks of pork spare ribs. Same old same old as far as the rub goes..

    One third cup smoked paprika
    Three tablespoons of dry mustard powder
    Three tablespoons of Onion powder
    Three tablespoons of Garlic powder
    Two tablespoons of ground Basil
    One tablespoon of Red Pepper (Cayenne!)
    One tablespoon of fresh black pepper

    Make sure you pull the membrane off the back (bone side} of your ribs with a pair of needlenose pliers or with your hands.

    Rinse off the meat really well after you take them out of the package and let them drip dry in the sink. Rub the dry rub on well on both sides and let them sit until they reach room temperature....or else you can wrap them up and leave them in the fridge for up to 24hrs. Me I can't wait that long!

    Get your fire going and the Pit warmed up. I use lump charcoal and NEVER those damn briquets. IF you have to use briquets make SURE that they are fully going before you put the ribs in there! Good test is if you open up the fire box and it smells like it has that "briquet smell" wait!

    ....once the fire is going well then you can place your wood in there to make the smoke. I use Red Oak and Pecan.

    ....regulate the temp to 180-200f and hold her steady on course!

    Good rule of thumb is THREE Hours on the smoke..

    TWO Hours wrapped up in foil....still at the same temp...

    ONE HOUR unwrapped if you want to add some BBQ sauce to them before you serve.

    .....I NEVER add sauce to the ribs while they are on the pit! If you make your ribs with the love and attention that most like I do we tend to believe that a well cooked/smoked rib should be damn good enough as it is when it comes off the Pit!! BBQ Sauce is what you put on the table when friends come over that are used to "Store bought" ribs from some other place!!


    .....ENJOY!!

Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •