Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ineed2hax
    hey do you have any good tips for fish
    these are the typs of fish iv been cathing
    bass
    catfish
    trout
    or pike

i live in ID and iv been catching a lot of fish this yaer just looking for some good BBQ tips

Thank You
    The Catfish I just fry up the filets...Bass, same...Trout, well I like to make a crab meat stuffing and bake the filets!
    ...and lastly, I have no idea about the Pike.

...BBQ turned out so good Saturday and Yesterday that I just fired up again and another big brisket is on! "Yard Birds" go on later. PICS to FOLLOW...

On a serious note....Over here Stateside it is "Memorial Day". Take the time to remember those who have fallen while serving your country...and be thankful that we live in Freedom thanks to those who gave ALL......

you can cook your butt of galveston.

....went to Houston this afternoon to see my Dad....and on the way back my little brother and I took a detour so tp speak over to his 5000 acre hunting lease. Shot two "feral hogs"....and two Cayote pups....

...Hogs dressed about 170lbs a piece....

Quote Originally Posted by foxxer
    Do me a favor bro - send me some of your recipes via PM - or write them up in notepad and send em to my email. You're a mod so you can see my email addy.

I really would enjoy them. My girlfriend's a professional chef so she's really good at cooking - but I'd like to test my mettle on the grill with some of your recipes. Some of the stuff I've seen is just omg 1 stroke shy of an orgasm level of juicy goodness.

( As you might can tell I am a food fanatic. Especially good BBQ. Hehe. )

- Fox
    Hey foxx, where is she a chef at? I just graduated from Culinard and am always looking for more contacts in the food industry. I will be starting at a Japanese Steak House, serving part time but I am also a cook at a deli right now, soon after I start serving I believe they will begin training me to cook teppanyaki style. But let me know if you don't mind bro. Also for the trout, you could try smoking it, I smoked some tilapia for my final exam in school and got an A on it, the chef instructor totally loved it. I am not a big fan of fish but must admit it came out quite well and had loads of flavor to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimespot
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxer
    Do me a favor bro - send me some of your recipes via PM - or write them up in notepad and send em to my email. You're a mod so you can see my email addy.

I really would enjoy them. My girlfriend's a professional chef so she's really good at cooking - but I'd like to test my mettle on the grill with some of your recipes. Some of the stuff I've seen is just omg 1 stroke shy of an orgasm level of juicy goodness.

( As you might can tell I am a food fanatic. Especially good BBQ. Hehe. )

- Fox
    Hey foxx, where is she a chef at? I just graduated from Culinard and am always looking for more contacts in the food industry. I will be starting at a Japanese Steak House, serving part time but I am also a cook at a deli right now, soon after I start serving I believe they will begin training me to cook teppanyaki style. But let me know if you don't mind bro. Also for the trout, you could try smoking it, I smoked some tilapia for my final exam in school and got an A on it, the chef instructor totally loved it. I am not a big fan of fish but must admit it came out quite well and had loads of flavor to it.
    You mentioned the smoking of the fish (tilapia} and I am curious as to how you smoked it. Was it in a smoker or stove top? And what wood did you use to smoke the fish with....as well as what seasonings did you use...if any...when you prepared the fish. Was it whole or a set of filets?

Making cookies is easy

1. Go to the store
    2. Find a VERY expensive bag of cookies
    3. Eat them and go back to step 1.

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha555-GA
    Making cookies is easy

1. Go to the store
    2. Find a VERY expensive bag of cookies
    3. Eat them and go back to step 1.

This is a serious thread that deals with BBQ and the different methods off smoking wild game...fish...and the like.

Don't post stuff like the above in this thread!

Thanks!

...and I have to welcome one of our new members from the "-CA" joiners....to this thread....Even though he might be from ...."New Frackin' York"...he had the right ideas as far as smoking BBQ goes! You know who you are...and welcome!!

...someone had asked in a previous post how to smoke/cook some fish....and I was just this evening turned on to some "killer" trout by my little brother. First thing....catch your fish. Either at the river/Bay/ocean/Store.....

...of course, when we go "fishing" down her in Texas...we do it right!

Then simply cut off your filets as usual.
    Then....place the filet on some plastic wrap...something like "Saran Wrap"as you are going to be able to pop this out of the freezer and have some good eats in about Four Minutes via the microwave......

Before I go on...I abhore anything that comes out of the microwave...but I was seriously taken aback as this was really good! Moist...tender...not overcooked or dry at all......

...so here are the spices that he put on top of the fish filet...

Chopped Red Pepper
    Chopped Green Bell Pepper
    Chopped Fresh DILL
    Chopped Green Olive (A MUST!!)
    Touch of garlic (Fresh or Granulated)
    Chopped Tomato

Place the wrapped filet that you have just pulled out of the freezer and leave it wrapped up as is...frozen...and "Nuke" it for FOUR MINUTES....depending on how thick it is...

Unwrap the filet after it "sets" for a bit to cool and you will be amazed at how good it is....moist.....flavorful....and I ended up bringing six more home with me tonight to have as lunch for the rest of the week!

The fish we were eating was caught at the Galveston Jetty...and was a Nine Pound Speckled Trout.....

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information