Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    shiiiit that loooksz nice!
    But belgian recipies ftw

Quote Originally Posted by pwnz0r
    shiiiit that loooksz nice!
    But belgian recipies ftw
    ...they cook BBQ in Belgium? Give me some recipes!!!

Galveston340

LOOOL what do you think xD my dad is a f*cking pero in that.
    We cook evrything in here.

Quote Originally Posted by someaussieguy
    PIZZA!!!!!

have u got any 4 pizza m8???

mmmm pizza

Southwestern BBQ Grilled Pizza

This is great way to use up any left over barbecued or grilled chicken. You can also use chopped left over smoked brisket....

Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
    * 1 cup barbecued or grilled chicken{OR SMOKED BRISKET}
    * 1 cup mild salsa {HOTTER if you like!}
    * 1/4 cup chopped onions
    * ...some crushed garlic to taste
    * 1/3 cup poblano chile, roasted and thinly sliced
    * 48 ounces frozen pizza crust dough, thawed{DOUBLE for LARGER}
    * sour cream

Preparation:
    Preheat grill. Divide dough in half and roll each half into 8 inch circles on a floured surface.{IF YOU LIKE DOUBLE THE RECIPE for LARGER PIZZAS} Carefully place crusts on hot grill and heat for about 1 to 2 minutes or until they begin to brown. Remove crusts from grill. Apply toppings, first starting with salsa then chicken or brisket, sliced poblano chiles, and finally finishing with cheese. Carefully return to grill. This is easier if you use a cookie sheet to carry the pizzas. Close lid and continue grilling for about 2 to 4 minutes or until bottom has browned and cheese is melted. Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top of each slice.

I tried this one but made sure to NOT add the Pecan wood for smoke until I had returned the topped pizza to the pit. Not too much smoke as I wanted just a hint..

Galveston340

Can't wait to live in america when i'm older.
    Going to be a motion graphics designer there
    i'll deffo visit you and have dinner with you galveston

....down here In Texas we usually have some Pinto Beans and Potato Salad to go with the other grub you just brought out of the pit. Usually go into a coma after a couple of big plates of BBQ "with the fixings" so here is one recipe for both...

Texas pinto beans

Two pounds dried pinto beans
    One pound bacon {I use smoked wild hog}
    Two diced yellow onions
    Four or five cloves of garlic, press with the heel of your hand under the flat side of a knife blade to crack open
    Half a dozen jalapenos, or as many as you want
    Coarsely chopped cilantro
    Fresh cracked black pepper
    A dash of cumin
    One 12oz bottle Dos Equis amber beer, or Shiner bock

And AFTER the beans are cooked, salt to taste.

Say again, don't add salt until just before serving.

Sort and rinse the beans, then leave to soak over night in cold water. The next day, drain and rinse the beans and let them soak some more until they go into the pot. Cut the bacon one inch pieces and fry being sure to break all the pieces apart until kinda halfway golden/halfway translucent, then drain. Put everything except salt into a large pot and add enough cold water to cover the beans with about an inch deep. Cover, bring to a boil on medium-low heat then reduce to a slow simmer stirring periodically and adding water as needed until the beans are tender. DON"T let the beans burn on the bottom of the pot as it will foul up the taste! STIR....STIR....have a beer...STIR....

Don't add salt until just before serving. Beans are best if refrigerated overnight, reheated, and salt is added just before serving.

Texas' best potato salad

This makes a lot. Thirty or forty normal servings 4-6oz servings. But you'll see people loading up a pound or more on their plates.

Five pounds of new potatoes
    One dozen eggs
    One pound smoked bacon
    One diced medium sweet yellow onion
    1/4 cup chopped green onions
    One jar sweet pickle relish {I USE DILL Pickles Chopped up instead}
    Wishbone Olive Oil Vinegarette dressing
    Mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip for the love of God!)
    Mustard
    Fresh cracked black pepper and salt to taste

Boil the potatoes, drain and refill the pot with cold water then cut the potatoes into bite sized chunks when you can handle them. Leave on as much peel as you like. Douse with the salad dressing and toss until all the pieces are separated and well cover (but not soggy) and chill. Boil and peel the eggs, then cool them in ice or the refrigerator. Cut across the whole pound of bacon to make 1/4" wide or so bits and fry. Break up the bits so they all cook crispy, render out the fat but don't leave the bacon burnt. Drain the bacon and let cool. Lower the heat and caramelize the yellow onion in the bacon grease, drain and let cool. It's best if you can mix everything when it's already chilled. In a BIG bowl mash up the boiled eggs, then stir together well with the potatoes, bacon, onions, and pickle relish. Mix in just enough mustard to give it a nice yellow color, then add in just enough mayonnaise to bind everything together. Fresh cracked pepper and salt to taste. Top with green onions.

After I make this I'll clear out some space in the garage "Beerfridgerator" so I can chill the potato salad back down as I don't serve it warm....

Galveston340

omg i just finished eating and then this again and i'm hungry again

.....forgot that your guests are gonna want to munch on something while they are watching you tend the pit and have a brew or two....so here is a darn good "Queso" recipe I started using a while back....

One large brick of Velveeta cheese cubed
    One lb Mexican cheese (Queso Quesadilla) or Monterey Jack cubed
    One can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles
    One can of chili with no beans
    Two pounds of course-ground chili meat
    Two cups pico de gallo {tomato,onion,cilantro chopped}
    Nacho Chips or fresh chips from your favorite Mexican restaurant.

I make my own chips...go to the store and buy some corn tortillas...cut them up and deep fry them yourself as you can make the chips any size you want!

Start a day ahead. Even better if you start two days ahead. Brown and drain the chili meat. Add the Rotel and can of chili. Simmer for 30 - 60 minutes until the meat is tender. Cool and refrigerate overnight.

Put the chili mixture in a Crock Pot or other slow-cooker on low then add the cubed cheeses. Stir frequently until well melted. Add the pico de gallo and mix well. It's best if you can refrigerate overnight again and reheat just prior to serving.

Serve either HOT or Warm....just don't let the stuff get so cold the cheese isn't melted!! I also have a shaker of both chipotle habanero and Jalapeno dried and ground peppers that my friends like to add to their queso to heat it up a bit. The chipotle powder adds some smoky heat to the queso without making it too hot for other guests....

Galveston340

....thought You guys would get a kick out of this "FPSCHEATS" style BBQ Pit...

...but even though it looks good...I'll bet it can't cook like this...

....Pork shoulder and two pork loins...Aussieguy...look at that "cracklin" forming on that shoulder!!!

Galveston340

HAHAHHAHA THAT BQQ

the left meat looks a lil burned

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information