Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Carolina BBQ

Awesome MSGTPEPPER! There aint much that tastes better than good Carolina BBQ but I'm anxious to try some of Galveston's brisquette or the Chicken fried Bacon!! A good vinegar based sauce works well with the Carolina BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by tictacman2006
    Ok now I'm hungry
    Yeah, me too...

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTPEPPER
    And now back to BBQ thread,Report on the Carolina Pork Butt prepared and smoked in Texas by my Daughter.
    Just may have found a new favorite,not to sure on the sauce but the rub and pork butt was absolutely fantastic.have some leftover for lunch today,had to put some aside when I went back for seconds.Don't think I would have been able to smoke it as well as she did and very glad they took me out of the mix.And Galv you were right about the nice crusty exterior,although hers wasn't as burnt. I now know why her smoker is set in concrete.
    Just want to say Thank You and keep those reciepies coming in.
    "MSGTPEPPER"]...Which rub did they use? I am debating on taking the upcoming weekend off as this coming Saturday I have been pestered by some co-workers to cook at this years "Galveston County Cook Off"..having some serious thoughts to both go...or should I put up with the drunken Rednecks that are there off of the 320 teams that are gonna be there this year. Last time I did brisket I made the final cut and came in second out of 243 teams...but the hassle just at times not to be worth it......

OK,I had to call her as I gave her the entire thread of recipes,along with half of the shop I work in,page 2 with a substitution of mrs dash for the white and blk pepper.It was close on hand.Its the one you gave for SAG,pork dry rub.

Good Luck if you enter but your already a Winner in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTPEPPER
    OK,I had to call her as I gave her the entire thread of recipes,along with half of the shop I work in,page 2 with a substitution of mrs dash for the white and blk pepper.It was close on hand.Its the one you gave for SAG,pork dry rub.

Good Luck if you enter but your already a Winner in my book.
    I just gave them a truck load of "Pecan" wood that I had spare and wished them luck! Then the guy that came over had the audacity to ask for my "competition" recipes for both ribs and brisket!

....with I smile on my face I told him to add just a pinch of "DRANO" to tenderize the meat...He got the idea!

Hey Galveston I take it there is no way I could get them? I live in alabama so there is no worry about competition from me. Not to mention I am 21 with a baby on the way so nothing but long work hours in my future.

Yes I really did Laugh out Loud when I read that. And thanks again. You guys make my day a little brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimespot
    Hey Galveston I take it there is no way I could get them? I live in alabama so there is no worry about competition from me. Not to mention I am 21 with a baby on the way so nothing but long work hours in my future.
    I never give out the recipe(s) that I use ..just the general mix. Same as my friends. Heck, they sometimes won't even let me taste the stuff as i have had some say "taste this and tell me what is in there".....and then get freaked out when I am able to identify their so called "Secret Ingredient".. 8)

Here's one the Boss found,a good all around rub that you can add anything to
    or to anything.

1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1 Tbsp kosher salt(or sea salt)
    1 Tbsp paprika
    2 Tbsp each of garlic and onion powder
    1 Tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp oregano
    Have used on chicken,pork and beef with good results.

Oh my gosh, looks so yummy.

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information