Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Hey Galv,thanks for the tip as this will be the first pork butt.Her special is the DrPepper brisket which will feed a small army well.sent her the info as to temp also,she kinda sounded offended,lol Texas women?

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTPEPPER
    Hey Galv,thanks for the tip as this will be the first pork butt.Her special is the DrPepper brisket which will feed a small army well.sent her the info as to temp also,she kinda sounded offended,lol Texas women?
    Yep...I wonder some times!

While at work the women plotted against me,everything has changed except for the meat.Location and Cook,so I'll have to tough it out.

So maybe next weekend I'll get my chance,Looking for a good way to prepare and cook a tri tip. ???

While at work the women plotted against me,everything has changed except for the meat.Location and Cook,so I'll have to tough it out.

So maybe next weekend I'll get my chance,Looking for a good way to prepare and cook a tri tip. ???
    No cooking this afternoon as we are getting some serious rains down here. Over 15" between here and La Grange just this morning...and it's headed this way. So dark outside right now it looks like it's 8pm!

So its Dominos tonite?

So its Dominos tonite?
    LOL...water finally went down so I could drive down my street this evening. I have never seen rains like we had Sat afternoon. Just around the corner is the NWS Doppler Radar site and they recorded 9.38 inches of rain...in Pearland they recorded 6.38 inches in one hour! I had more water on the street than I saw from Hurricane Ike last year.
    I ended up going to the store and picked up a nice Porterhouse and fired up the "Old Smokey" for dinner.....

Quote Originally Posted by galveston340
    So its Dominos tonite?
    LOL...water finally went down so I could drive down my street this evening. I have never seen rains like we had Sat afternoon. Just around the corner is the NWS Doppler Radar site and they recorded 9.38 inches of rain...in Pearland they recorded 6.38 inches in one hour! I had more water on the street than I saw from Hurricane Ike last year.
    I ended up going to the store and picked up a nice Porterhouse and fired up the "Old Smokey" for dinner.....

You thought that was bad dude? You should see katrina . Did some major damage here in Mississippi.

Anyways, I am going to use your recipe. Looks nice haha :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by camgru
    So its Dominos tonite?

You thought that was bad dude? You should see katrina . Did some major damage here in Mississippi.

I have relatives that live near New Orleans, and I saw the aftermath of Katrina. It was bad.

I took this picture in December. As you remember, Katrina hit in August.
    You can still see the water height marks on the house in the background.
    I've got 100's of other pics, and none are very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuke
    Quote Originally Posted by camgru
    So its Dominos tonite?

I have relatives that live near New Orleans, and I saw the aftermath of Katrina. It was bad.

I took this picture in December. As you remember, Katrina hit in August.
    You can still see the water height marks on the house in the background.
    I've got 100's of other pics, and none are very pretty.

Hey Snuke...why don't you put them up in another thread here in "Off Topic" as I would like to see them. I can put up my "Ike" pics as well....

And now back to BBQ thread,Report on the Carolina Pork Butt prepared and smoked in Texas by my Daughter.
    Just may have found a new favorite,not to sure on the sauce but the rub and pork butt was absolutely fantastic.have some leftover for lunch today,had to put some aside when I went back for seconds.Don't think I would have been able to smoke it as well as she did and very glad they took me out of the mix.And Galv you were right about the nice crusty exterior,although hers wasn't as burnt. I now know why her smoker is set in concrete.
    Just want to say Thank You and keep those reciepies coming in.

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information