Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Since we have newer members that have access to this Forum I will say again....If you have any requests post them here and I will be more than happy to give some advice.....

.....as well If any of you "Fellow Members" have any good ideas on how to either smoke some meats...or burn the heck out of it so long as it tastes good....feel free to post your suggestions here!!

"SMOKE ON!!"

...was called late Tuesday night by my Boss telling me he needed me to come to our main office for a "Safety Meeting"...had to get up early as it through me off schedule. When I show up just before 0800 I see a new big BBQ pit smoking in the VZ parking lot out back. I unload the Pecan I had thrown in the back of my van and then am told that I have to cook lunch for the rest of my co-workers!

Thank goodness that there was a construction splicer that started the briskets at 5AM...and handed the rest of it over to me around 0900!
    Ended up feeding 70+ between 1130 and 1300...and I was scrambling to throw stuff into the smoke as we ran out of meat by 1230!

I have to add this comment as I found it to be funny as heck. My boss is a visitor/Non-texan that transferred down here from Brooklyn,NY....I tell him to go get me some more meat at around 0930 as what they had was not near enough to feed everyone....He shows up with some more briskets and a couple of pork butt cuts...
    I tell him that there is no way it will be ready by serving time and he says....no kidding...

"Just cut them in half and they will cook faster and be ready".....

....I just shake my head.....

Galv you sound like an amzing cook I think you should open a restraunt so i can fly down to texas and you can cook me some food cause i suck at cooking. Reading through your recipies I was drueling all over. :lol: :lol:

You know the difference between a Yankee and a damn Yankee,(This is a Texas joke so plz don't get all puffy).lol.Cut em in half,now thats funny.

whos cooking the barby?

well my order:
    2 snags 2 steaks bbq sause and some onion

hurry im hungry :P lol

Dude its the weekend here in the Great Nation of Texas and we are always cookin out no matter the weather.Mama's seansoning as we speak,don't know what's on the menu this weekend but there's always enuff for friends and family. come on down,over, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTPEPPER
    Dude its the weekend here in the Great Nation of Texas and we are always cookin out no matter the weather.Mama's seansoning as we speak,don't know what's on the menu this weekend but there's always enuff for friends and family. come on down,over, whatever.
    Sounds like a plan MSGT! I had thoughts this afternoon when my injured toe started to really pound that I ought to burn the living crap out of the piece of pork that broke my toe last night just to show it who is the damn boss around here!

Tomorrow we will have on the Pit/Smoker...

1 Pork butt that will be shown some "revenge"!!
    1 beef brisket {to eat during the week}
    1 bag {14} leg quarters chicken
    8 links home made beef sausage a friend makes..

...and whatever I can rummage up or shoot after the adult beverages start to take effect in the afternoon!

get em galv

Quote Originally Posted by SHOCKYwOCKY
    get em galv
    ...Little brother of mine dropped off some good cuts of freshly shot Feral Hog this evening...He hunts on 2000 acres just east of Galveston...or where I live and this meat is the shizz....with a "Z"!!

Not gamey at all as he pops their azz at a distance with my .308 so they don't have a chance to get the adrenalin or the other stuff flowing.....

Good eats...if you like organic all natural fed Pork! Acorns and corn is all they eat down here so it is some very good emat...better than what you get in the stores!

. Beef Stew on a Stick.

--==Stew Rub==--

2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons course sea salt to taste
    1 teaspoon dry mustard
    3/4 teaspoon ground Cumin powder
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

2 pounds sirloin cut into 1 to 1.5 inch cubes
    1 1/2 cups pearl onions peeled and parboiled
    6 carrots cut into thick chunks and parboiled

--==Stew Glaze==--

3/4 cup beer of your choice (the rest reserved in a cooler to have while cooking)

3/4 cup beef stock
    2 tablespoons of tomato paste
    2 tablespoons molasses
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder

About two to four hours before you plan on starting to BBQ, mix the dry rub ingredients in a bowl, Toss the meat cubes with the rub and put them in a large plastic re-sealable bag and refigerate.

Get your smoker ready and have the temp steady at between 200f to 220f.

Get the meat out of the 'fridge and place the meat,onions,and carrot pieces onto skewers.You can use metal...but I use soaked bamboo.

Cover the kebabs with plastic and let them come to room temperature while you mix up the glaze.

Mix the glaze ingredients in a saucepan and simmer until it is reduced by about a third.

Brush the kebabs with the glaze and put them into the smoker and cook them for about 30 to 45 minutes or until you think they are right for you according to how you like them done. Brush them with some more glaze about 5 minutes before you are ready to serve. BE SURE not to have the glaze burn if you are cooking directly over the coals!

Server these babies HOT and brush with some more glaze as you are serving them to your guests if desired!

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information