Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    If you plan on cooking some ribs....beef or pork...here is a pretty good recipe I found and modified. Trick ingredient here is the g**** jelly!

ONLY USE "Welch's Concord Jelly" if you can get it as it has a much better taste.

* 3-5 lbs baby back ribs
    * 2 tsp salt
    * 1 tsp black pepper
    * 1 cup hoisin sauce
    * 1 cup g**** jelly
    * 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    * 2 tbsp dry mustard
    * 1 tbsp light brown sugar
    * 1 tsp garlic powder
    * 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
    * Juice from 1 lime

1. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper; set aside. Preheat grill for indirect cooking over medium heat. Place ribs on grill with not too much smoke.
    Cover and cook until tender, about 1 hour.
    2. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. When ribs are tender, move them to direct heat and continue to grill, uncovered. Baste with sauce and turn until crisp on both sides, about 5 minutes. Cut ribs into sections. Serve with remaining sauce.

Or you can try this variation....

1 10-oz. jar currant or g**** jelly
    1 6-oz. can tomato paste
    2 Tbs water
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp dry mustard powder
    1/2 tsp garlic granulated
    1/4 tsp dried oregano, crushed
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1/4 tsp bottled Tabasco sauce

For sauce, in medium microwave-safe bowl, combine jelly, tomato paste and water. Stir in chili powder, garlic salt, oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Micro-cook on HIGH (100% power) for 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until jelly is melted and mixture is well blended and bubbly. Micro-cook 2 minutes more, stirring once. Makes 1 1/2 cups sauce. (If desired, sauce may be prepared conventionally in medium saucepan. Combine all ingredients as above except increase water to 1/4 cup. Cook and stir over medium heat until jelly is melted and mixture is well blended. Boil gently, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes.

I already mentioned how I smoke the ribs so won't repost that....but the trick with both sauce recipes is the g**** jelly. A good friend of mine tried a variation of this and wins consistently at the Galveston County BBQ Cook Off and beats out over 250+ teams!!

REMEMBER...."Indirect HEAT...Don't Scorch Your MEAT!"

The Grill is Full,We have 3 hamburgers (for the Dawg) Pork Country Ribs in Galv's sauce (plz no funny remarks)Chicken Breasts,Turkey Sausage,Hot Dawgs. Cheese Cake for desert.
    The Sun is shining and the Grill is Smokin here in Burleson Texas. Just needed an excuse to try your recipe and keep this post going.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTPEPPER
    The Grill is Full,We have 3 hamburgers (for the Dawg) Pork Country Ribs in Galv's sauce (plz no funny remarks)Chicken Breasts,Turkey Sausage,Hot Dawgs. Cheese Cake for desert.
    The Sun is shining and the Grill is Smokin here in Burleson Texas. Just needed an excuse to try your recipe and keep this post going.
    Good to see another member from the "Great Nation of Texas"!! Hope it turns out well for you! I just got home from work and had to stop by the store on the way home and sadly went in while hungry....

Ended up with two Pork butts....three slabs of ribs....two packs of the "country style" Pork Ribs....and two bags of chicken leg quarters.

Three bunches of Mustard greens and some eggplant that I am making some stuff to eat later tonight.

Gonna have to call it an early night....at least before Midnight so I can get up and fire up the pit with the Pecan I just split.

Pics will come sometime tomorrow afternoon!

Anyone close you are more than welcome to chow down!

Just had to say thanks,my daughter came by and tried the pork ribs and could not believe that I cooked them,the wife did help,but those had to be the best I've ever cooked(sweated) on the grill.Thanks for making me look good.

Just had to say thanks,my daughter came by and tried the pork ribs and could not believe that I cooked them,the wife did help,but those had to be the best I've ever cooked(sweated) on the grill.Thanks for making me look good.
    Glad you did well....and if I helped out glad for that as well!

....More good stuff to come as looking at the clover and weeds popping up I have already had several friends call me or e-mail me saying...
    "IT's TIME"! Meaning that it's time for them to clean up their Pits and get ready for some serious cooking....Of course....I have to tell them that I never quit cooking last year like those lazy "asshats"...LOL

wow you live in berelson I used to live in Granberry

Good Recipes bro realy Nice

i hope u wife shee get happy all the times

u cooking good lol

Since some of you have asked here is a pretty good "Fajita" recipe I use....Sure beats the hell out of heading to "Taco Bell" for some of that stuff they call Mexican food!!

----=====FAJITAS Marinade=====----

12 ounces of your favorite beer
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1/2 medium onion chooped up
    Juice of two good limes
    4 cloves of garlic minced up
    1 bay leaf
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon good Chili Powder
    1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon of crushed chili pequins if you can get them or use Tabasco Sauce.{Use the Chipotle Tabasco if you can get it for the smoke flavor!}
    1 teaspoon ground Cumin
    2 to 3 lbs of whole beef skirt. Trimmed of the fat and membrane.

The night before you are going to smoke your Fajutas mix all the ingredients in a blender and puree. Place the skirt steak in a plastic bag or a shallow Tupperware container and pour in the marinade. Throw the thing in the refigerator overnight and turn it or shake it to keep the meat covered. Do this every time you either get a beer or your beverage of choice!

Next day get your smoker ready by getting it up to between 200 to 220f.

Pull the meat out of the fridge and drain off the marinade....and let the meat sit for at least 30 minutes to come up to room temp.

Place the marinade in a pan and boil it to use as a "Mop" if you want to slather it on the meat while you are cooking.

Transfer the meat to your smoker and cook it for approximately 1 hour....mopping with the marinade from the pot about every 20 minutes if you are using a wood burning smoker like I am. If not you can wet the meat as you see fit depending on what you are cooking with.

Once the meat is almost done you can transfer the meat to the grate over your Firebox and sear the meat to give it a good exterior texture. It doesn't add anything to the flavor but does give the meat a nice crunchy texture.

Let the meat sit for about 10-15 minutes to cool a bit and then slice it thinly diagonally against the grain.

Serve with Pico de Gallo and some warm tortillas along with some lime wedges and cilantro and you have a full on meal!!

---====Pico de Gallo====---

4 small red ripe tomatoes
    1/2 red bell pepper chopped
    1/4 cup chopped cilantro
    1/4 cup chopped red onion
    2 or 3 fresh serrano peppers or 3 to 4 fresh jalapeno peppers chopped.{remove the seeds}!!
    Jiuce of 1/2 lime
    Salt to taste
    If it's too dry just add a few tablespoons of Tomato Juice...

One note...if anything you make that includes HOT PEPPERS is too much for your guests you can kill the heat fasted by using a dairy product. Milk and the like will bind with the capsaicin and kill the heat!

ENJOY!!

Still refusing to let this thread die,On today's menu we have Ribeye's,BBQ chicken breasts and as always Country style pork ribs.Stuffed jalapeno peppers roasted on the fire,wife likes hers stuffed with pimiento cheese and I prefer Philly cheese,wrapped in bacon and slow roasted,gotta luv it.
    The best thing about Texas is our ability to Grill and Enjoy Family and Friends. And I have been printing your post to share,hope its OK.
    Here's hoping you have as good a day as we are here in Burleson Texas.

Still refusing to let this thread die,On today's menu we have Ribeye's,BBQ chicken breasts and as always Country style pork ribs.Stuffed jalapeno peppers roasted on the fire,wife likes hers stuffed with pimiento cheese and I prefer Philly cheese,wrapped in bacon and slow roasted,gotta luv it.
    The best thing about Texas is our ability to Grill and Enjoy Family and Friends. And I have been printing your post to share,hope its OK.
    Here's hoping you have as good a day as we are here in Burleson Texas.
    "MSGTPEPPER" Sounds like You guys are going to eat good this afternoon! I am glad you like the recipes I put up here from time to time and you can share them as you feel fit as that is why I post them! I was going to fire up the Pit yesterday but it was so damn windy that the birds down here were flying with Mohawks as their feathers were blowing off! Galveston Bay had all the water blown out as it looked to be down about four or five feet! Smoking the jalapenos {or any pepper for that matter} is how you can make Chipotle peppers. I do it all the time as I grind them up to use as seasoning.

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information