Thread: DDR4 RAM

DDR4 RAM

Most of you may or may not know, but Samsung and Hynix have working and stable DDR4 RAM ready for release. It's mostly for servers but it will transition to personal use very quickly. If you are wondering why it hasn't been released yet, thank Intel. They have such a strangle hold on the market that they aren't willing to budge on an early release to stabilize the RAM market, which has collapsed due to the epic fail of Elpdia. It's now almost not profitable to manufacture DDR3 anymore, but since Intel is raking in money off their new 7 series chips they don't want to disturb their own success. Samsung and Hynix wanted the release by the end of this year, but Intel said 2014. AMD has stated they are on board and will start changing as soon as possible. I'm hoping that this is going to force Intel to hurry up. Yes AMD has a lower share in the market, but this is going to get very interesting if they release a MOBO and chip capable of handling DDR4 for both server and PC, before Intel. Greed doesn't work well in this part of the market. AMD for the win on this!!!

I havent ever been a big intel fan. Mostly a person pays for the name. There are some exceptions but for the average user an AMD will preform just as good and in some test AMD actually out performs. I never understood the hype from the gaming community with intel vs and. I have both or had and to be honest, I couldn't tell anything differant about how they ran. And if anything Intel/nvidia falls dramatically in the driver department compared to AMD/ATI.

My opinion of course.

However, i'm sure both intel and AMD will have to develop a MOBO to handle this DDR4. We all know that the bugs in these new boards and drivers will take years to iron out. By then they will be ready for DDR5 which I have no idea why we are not at DDR5 yet as it is out there. With the AM3+ mobo we still see huge issues with QC from ASUS and Gigabyte. Maybe these companies should get all the bugs ironed out with one chip set before even attempting to bring on another.

Thread Information