Page 1 of 157 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Politics Discussion/Debate Thread

For those that want to discuss/debate politics, here is the place to do it.
    You can praise or belittle your past and present political leaders here.
    Discuss and debate all you want, just do it in a civil manner.
    General forum rules still apply. Flaming, hurtful, hateful, rude, insulting or threatening posts will NOT be tolerated.

Friends dont let friends vote republican. Friends are then tied to bricks and thrown off Golden Gate Bridge, willingly, for the amount of money in tax dollars they have cost the average US citizen.
    Does this seem true by you?

It's not even about that anymore. I sure am glad Obama is in rather than "POW" fail guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 021llf4
    It's not even about that anymore. I sure am glad Obama is in rather than "POW" fail guy.
    That is true. Obama made one hell of a campaign. POW man kinda sucked, and wouldnt be the best prez for you guys. Since im in Canada, i am stuck with this looser until my country decides to pick a decent PM. I would gladly take Obama, seeing as my taxes cant really get worse

I joke around about politics a good bit. However, politics isnt really a joking matter. As it controls all of us rather than we control it which is a sad part for the longest.

That been said, I believe the ones in power and that includes Obama is doing what they feel is good for the country as they see it. Some do not agree with there view. I believe that we need to get back to a majority rules (the people). Lets take this Arizona bill that the administration plus others in power are suing over. How can they in good faith sue over a law that 70% support? How could they pass a healthcare bill that over 60% did not want...what happened to a majority of the voice rules? Im am tired of one's in power not listening and not acting like the people are the ones in control. I am tired of law makers thinking they can create jobs, they can stimulate the economy, that they can do anything in the private sector. They need to stand back and allow the people to get the country back in line. More rules more regulations and bigger government has never solved anything. History has shown this yet we are always repeating it with the groups we have had for the last 25 plus years.

I havent seen a president in a very long time that I can rally behind. I havent seen a governor or legislator I can stand behind in at least 25 years.

RON PAUL FOR 2012 .. That's all I have to say

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dee
    He won't make it. I'll be telling you that on the night of election 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dee
    Agreed RON PAUL!!!!!!

I think I may run for president. Then when elected ill go on vacation for 4 years and let the country run itself. That is the best way to get things on track...let the people run it. However first executive order:renew the bush tax cuts, place the missile defence systems back in Poland and then go on vacation 8)

I am not a Democrat nor a Republican. I am a true Independent voter. I will vote for the person that I feel is the best choice.

I'm also from Illinois and know Obama and his corrupt Chicago style politics was not a good thing for this country. I would much rather have had Hilary be President. At least she has a clue. Obama is just forcing his liberal agenda right down our throats, even though most people are screaming that they don't want what he is selling.

Some of the younger people here seem to love Obama for some reason that I cannot understand. It's probably because they think that he is helping them, when in reality, he is selling their futures down the river. Us older members here don't like him because he is hurting us financially and messing with our retirement. The retirement age has already been bumped up to 67, and now Obama is proposing that it go up to as high as 70. When you are 20 years old, you probably don't give a rat's petutey, but trust me when you get older and you can't retire until you are 75 or older, you will not be a very happy camper.

When this Obama care thing takes effect, you will see that your healthcare will decline and cost you more and more. Healthcare had issues, but now this new thing will totally destroy our healthcare system as we know it. The guys in Canada will say no, but I know for a fact that many Canadians come across the border to have major surgery, because the quality of their healthcare has gone down so much. 20 year olds probably don't care right now because they are young and healthy. Just wait until they are 30 with a wife and kids, and end up paying the high taxes for crappy health care. By then, it will be too late, and you will be stuck with it.

Obama's approval rating has sunk to 44% the last I checked. He started off on a high note, but has done nothing but go down since he took office. Say what you want about "dubya" but the man was elected to 2 terms and his approval rating was great until the end. Obama is sunk to 44% in only a year and a half. 66% of Americans can't be wrong.

And on a final note, Obama needs to take responsiblity for what is going on ............ It's been a year and a half and this blaming "Dubya" ain't cutting it anymore. Obama is the Captain of the ship right now, and he own's all the problems. All I see from him is talk, but no solutions, other than spending more money that we don't have. You 20 year olds should wake up, because it's your futures that he is spending. You will be the ones stuck paying the bills for all this. Dubya had his problems, but Obama is a 100 times worse.

Thread Information