i7 2600k overclocking ? Also Graphics card upgrade ?

running an 1.7 2600k 3.4ghz with a corsair h50.
    reckon i could overclock from 3.4ghz to 4.2 without having any heating problems ?
    Also
    whats a good card i could upgrade from a GTX550 TI looking to spend around $400 and under.

Thanks fellow FPS Members.

Re: i7 2600k overclocking ? Also Graphics card upgrade ?

Quote Originally Posted by itzTuan
    reckon i could overclock from 3.4ghz to 4.2 without having any heating problems ?
    Also
    whats a good card i could upgrade from a GTX550 TI looking to spend around $400 and under.

H50 is a good but I would not over clock with it. You would get better performance from a V8 coolermaster than the H50. If you are set on OC to 4.2 you may want to look at modular water cooling instead of all in one. The rad on the H50 isn't big enough to move the heat. this is my opinion and from what I have read on overclockers forum.

You Will not notice any improvement in OC so I would just leave it at stock. quad at 3.0 or better is plenty enough. Where most systems fail is the ram speed and amount. Also in the GFX department. CPU's today is plenty powerful for today's games and media software.

GTX 560ti is a pretty good card and plenty enough for today's games. However, if I were you and I had a open PCI-E slot I would get another 550 and SLI.

Quote Originally Posted by Paid
    Quote Originally Posted by itzTuan
    Also

H50 is a good but I would not over clock with it. You would get better performance from a V8 coolermaster than the H50. If you are set on OC to 4.2 you may want to look at modular water cooling instead of all in one. The rad on the H50 isn't big enough to move the heat. this is my opinion and from what I have read on overclockers forum.

You Will not notice any improvement in OC so I would just leave it at stock. quad at 3.0 or better is plenty enough. Where most systems fail is the ram speed and amount. Also in the GFX department. CPU's today is plenty powerful for today's games and media software.

GTX 560ti is a pretty good card and plenty enough for today's games. However, if I were you and I had a open PCI-E slot I would get another 550 and SLI.
    what do you think if i bought the Corsair H100 ? cause i got a good deal on that for $60 of my friend.
    if not ill aim for the EK-KIT H3O 360 LTX Cooling Kit.

and would the GTX670 be worth it ?

Thread Information