Issues with windows 7

while playing some games ive noticed that i keep jumping back to my desktop (not crashing because the game still runs and i can just bring it back up) but it keeps doing this every 3 min. or so...i know its not hack related cause are games i like to be legit on and really do enjoy playing...shortly afterwards ive noticed that my firewall was turned off and when i tried to turn it on i got and Error: 0x6D9. ....im pretty sure im infected but my virus scan doesnt pull anything up but i KNOW its there.

Any hints on what i should do?

Re: Issues with windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by CantWai**HackAPB
    while playing some games ive noticed that i keep jumping back to my desktop (not crashing because the game still runs and i can just bring it back up) but it keeps doing this every 3 min. or so...i know its not hack related cause are games i like to be legit on and really do enjoy playing...shortly afterwards ive noticed that my firewall was turned off and when i tried to turn it on i got and Error: 0x6D9. ....im pretty sure im infected but my virus scan doesnt pull anything up but i KNOW its there.

Any hints on what i should do?

Unable to turn on Windows Firewall: Error code 0x6D9 .............. sounds like you have a virus that has shut down your firewall and won't allow it to turn back on.

Do these 3 things ........................

1. I don't know what anti-virus you are running, but it is either not up to date or is not very effective. I would recommend that you go to Microsoft and download and install Microsoft Security Essentials. It's an excellent AV and anti spyware software, and it's free. Don't forget to uninstall whatever AV you are currently running before you install MSE.
    Once you get it installed, do a full scan of your computer.

2. Go get a copy of Malwarebytes. It is the best anti malware software. It is cheap, on $25 for a lifetime sub. Once it is installed, run a full scan with it as well.

3. Go get a copy of ccleaner to clean up your registry. It is another freeby, but works very well. Run a full scan with this as well.

Hopefully one or all of these will route out whatever little nasty seems to have found a home on your PC.

Let me know how this works for you.

im trying this stuff now but just incase is there a way one of the admins can search my computer from thiers and figure this out 4 me?

im trying this stuff now but just incase is there a way one of the admins can search my computer from thiers and figure this out 4 me?
    CantWai**HackAPB, nobody is going to want to remotely connect to a computer that is infected. I certainly won't.

If this doesn't fix it, then the next best thing is to contact a local computer expert to come out to clean up your PC.

the programs found viruses and malware and deleted them but my firewall service is no longer there and system restore fails everytime

so now im ready to just restart my laptop back to the way it was when i 1st got it and im woundering if i will need to buy a windows 7 CD since my laptop didnt come with 1...or maybe it will still be there since it came with it

I think i made things seem horrible but all hose scanners did find the virus the problem is i think it deleted my fire wall service since nothing is no longer there and im pretty sure u cant just download 1

as for gaming and online speed they went back to normal i jst know that without a firewall i only feel safe going to youtube and here.

The virus may have corrupted your firewall so it could not be brought back up. Try this and see if it helps:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/asiasupp/...base-list.aspx

I think i made things seem horrible but all hose scanners did find the virus the problem is i think it deleted my fire wall service since nothing is no longer there and im pretty sure u cant just download 1

as for gaming and online speed they went back to normal i jst know that without a firewall i only feel safe going to youtube and here.

CantWai**HackAPB, your firewall service is not deleted, it is only disabled. That is one of the things that this virus you had does, so that it can do it's dirty work better.

You will need to restart your firewall and set it back to automatic.

Go to Start> type services> scroll down to Windows Firewall> right click> properties> startup type drop down menu click on the automatic apply ok

It should then look like this ........................................

Quote Originally Posted by centason
    The virus may have corrupted your firewall so it could not be brought back up. Try this and see if it helps:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/asiasupp/...base-list.aspx
    This helped me get my BFE Started and my Firewall back on the service list but it still wont start

Ive read the steps carefully and changed the permissions for both to everyone like the guid said

but im still pretty happy just see that my firewall is still here meaning progress was made

Go to your start menu and type in services. Scroll through the menu until you find Windows Firewall. It should look the same as in Snuke's post. If it's not, right click on it and go to properties. Change it there and click apply.

Thread Information