Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Religion Discussion/Debate Thread

For those that want to discuss/debate religion, here is the place to do it.
    Discuss and debate all you want, just do it in a civil manner.
    General forum rules still apply, so no flaming, hurtful, hateful, rude or threatening posts will NOT be tolerated.

Oh jeez, I don't want to be the first person to say that jesus isn't real...oh wait oops

Who is going to start? Thanks for the thread snuke.

I know Im not. As I am secure in my belief

Quote Originally Posted by jonisgod
    Oh jeez, I don't want to be the first person to say that jesus isn't real...oh wait oops
    ....get outa here?? You mean that the "Bible" that told me that "Haysus Loved me so" might have been a work of fiction that was written to keep the "natives" in line back in the day??

.....Heck, I was kinda hoping to come across one of those "Eve's" that I could blame all the worlds ills on....but guess I'll have to keep reading!...

I'll start... As per my other request... I do not believe in god... I also do not believe in any sort of "existence" of a god... if one were to exist. I believe in facts, logic, science, and to even remotely ponder the fact that there is an invisible person in the sky watching me all the time is just ridiculous... It actually reminds me of something from a bed time story we were told as kids to make us feel safe. Now I want to start at the beginning of everything...

Before Jesus Christ came around there were many other "gods" before him, who had strangely the exact same abilities and wonders they he was told to possess. Of course none of these gods actually existed, there were merely created to explain something that happened. Take for example the sunrise and the sunset... Ancient Egypt as we know it started around 3100 BCE when King Menus unified the country as thus formed a new civilization. Now, Egypt had MANY gods, all of them appeared for a reason, to explain something bad, something good, or merely as an object for something that could not be explained. Take for example the sun, the one true object that brought warmth and growth to any part of the world, which has been an admired object for centuries.
    The Greeks worshipped the sun under the god name “~~Hel.ios~~”, they also worshipped Dionysus said to be the god of wine, with the same birth date of Jesus Christ, but we will get that later.

The Romans worshipped the sun under the god name “Mithra”

The Egyptians worshipped the sun under the god name “Ra” – which surprisingly enough has many similarities to that of Jesus Christ, they described him as the “one”... Our “savor” that shall “rise again” and defeat evil (darkness) once again. Sound familiar?

The Hindu worshipped the sun under the god name “Surya”

The point of the above was to show that the exact same object around the world can be easily interrupted as something completely different.

Just because they worship a god as the sun doesn’t mean the sun
    actually exists as something to watch over them and protect them.. . if that makes sense? Throughout history, people tend to take a universally object such as the sun, the rain, or even a volcano (Hawaii) and depict it with human interaction. This is of course false, my question would be to most people... if you believe that all these other past gods were indeed fake, and nothing more than a clear representation of something that could not be explained, than why are we worshipping Jesus Christ, Mohammad, Brahms, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and many other “founders of religion”. One other god that has lost its place in history that I would like to bring up his “Horus” who has many similarities to that of Jesus Christ.

You might be asking yourself, why does Double Dee keep referring to Egyptian belief? Well, the quick answer is that, Christianity as many believe is simply a copy of Egyptian belief, as you will see nearly everything Christianity says it is... has already been repeated thousands of years before it… so why are we so quick to assume Christianity is real and pure, when dozens of other gods and civilizations before it have been proven to be a fraud? Why are we so taken in by this symbol of nature “Jesus Christ” and assume he is man, and he is here to protect us, when the god of Horus, who was a pre-BC “Jesus Christ” was nothing more than a archetypal Pagan who was worshipped in Egypt.

I would like to begin by comparing Horus’s life to that of Jesus Christ, so you can see my point of view with the similarities. Don’t take my word for it at all… I encourage everybody to do their own research.

Overview of “Yeshua of Nazareth – Jesus Christ”

Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, of the begotten son of Yehovah (Holy Spirit). His mother was named Miriam often referred to in the new testament as Mary. His foster father was named Joseph, and his father was of royal descent. Jesus was born in a cave, and was annunciated by an angel to his mother. His birth was signaled by a star in the east known as the morning star. Even though Jesus was born in the fall, his birthday is often celebrated in December - the 25th to be exact, however this data was more than likely chosen to occur as the same day as many other gods before him (Mithra, and Dionysus). Jesus’s birth was announced by angels, and was witnessed by Shepherds. Later, upon following the star in the east, three kings or wise men brought three gifts for the new born son. At the age of 12, he has his first ritual; however there is no data between the ages of 12 & 30. Jesus was baptized in the river of Jordan, at the age of 30. He was baptized by John the Baptist; however John was later beheaded for the baptism. Jesus was taken into the desert for his ruling against temptation which he resisted. He then chooses 12 disciples or followers to walk with him. Jesus had many powerful abilities such as to walk on water, cast out demons, heal the sick, restore sight to the blind, turn water into wine etc etc. Jesus was executed by crucifixion on a high mountain by the key address of Sermon of the Mount. Two thieves accompanied him in his tomb. His fate after death was descending into hell, only to be resurrected three days after. His resurrection was announced by Women, who told that he would reign for the next 1,000 years in the Millennium.

Jesus had the main role to be the savior of humanity, which made him “God-Like Status”. He was titled the Christ, or the anointed one. He had many names including the good shepherd, the Lamb of God, the bread of life, the son of man, the light of the earth, the fisher and many others. He is associated with Pisces the fish in the Zodiac sign.

OK... If you’ve been reading so far... Thank you... This has taken a long time to write, and after being to several websites, and looked through many of my books I hope you are starting to get the picture.
    Now on to Horus …

Horus was born of a virgin, to the begotten son of God Osiris, his mother being Isis-Meri. His foster father was named Seb, or Jo-Seph. His foster father was of royal descent. Horus was born in a cave, and was annunciated by an angel to his mother, Isis. His birth was signaled by a star in the east known as the morning star, or the star Sirius. Horus was born on December 21st, during the winter solstice. His birth was announced by Angels, and was witnessed by Shepherds. Later, upon following the star in the east, three solar deities visited the new born. At the age of 12, he has his first ritual; however there was no reported data between the age of 12 & 30. Horus was baptized in the river of Eridanus at the age of 30 by Anup the Baptizer, who was later beheaded for his actions. Horus was taken out into the desert to ward of temptation which he did resist. Horus than chose 12 disciples which were to follow him. Horus had many abilities including walking on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, etc etc. Horus was crucified by being nailed to a tree, on a mountain by the Sermon of the Mount. He was accompanied by two thieves, and was buried in a tomb. He then descended into hell and was resurrected after three days. His resurrection was announced by two women, and was said to reign for the next 1,000 years into the Millennium.

Horus had the role of the savior of humanity, which gave him god-like status. His title was KRST – the anointed one. He is often referred to be associated with Pisces the fish.

Ok now that we all had a interesting history listen for the day, what have you learned? Well for one we have written proof that 99% of what Jesus Claims to be or experienced was already done by a god 3,000 years before him, yet we know Horus to be 100% fake because he was just a representation that Egyptians could look up to in their time of need. This is one of the many reasons I do not believe in gods, because everything can be associated with the stars, and previous gods before them. If Jesus was so powerful and almighty, why does he share the same characteristics as most gods before him? Why was he born on the same month? Why was he born to a virgin mother? How could all of this be possible if we know 100% that all the gods before him were fake? The answer is... it can’t be possible, Jesus Christ is no more a man than he is a god… simply a representation of the sun just like every other “god” before him, not real, not man, not god, just text written in a book to portray something.

RT said it best that “Christians may lose objectivity because they don’t want to admit that there was so many parallels between Horus and Jesus Christ because it could throw doubt into the accuracy of the bible”. Many Skeptics believe that the Bible viewed only as a simple document or a fairy tale written to portray how the god would act amongst the people of the world if he were truly all mighty. The bible like any other religious document was written by humans… man… people like you and me… people that become selfish and arrogant, who form their own spiritual beliefs and rights into a book to promote their own well being. It is very easy to take something that happened thousands of years ago and just say … oh you know our god he had all this stuff happen to him to… but he isn’t fake... oh really? Small world you say.

What I like is people telling me how powerful, how creative, how pure, how intelligent religion is, but yet they can’t see past these parallels? We have very smart people in this world who believes in a talking snake and that Adam was tempted into eating a apple from a secret orchid? I’m not 10... Sorry... Also, religion is the sole ******** for some of the largest wars, and mass murders ever committed. Just do some research on the

following:
    * Exodus 32
    * Numbers 24
    * 1 Kings (18:17-40)
    * Exodus (20:4-6)
    * The books of Joshua, Judges, 2 Samuel and the 2 Chronicles – wiping out entire countries of women and children… good job religion! Way to make those people love you more... nothing says love more than a rock thrown at your face… of course now it would be a bullet… but you get the idea.
    * The Crusades
    * The World Trade Center

Now let’s focus in on the creation of humanity… where did it all start? I for one do not believe the Adam and Eve Story one bit, nor do I believe God just snapped his fingers and made humans appear on the earth 6,000 years ago. In science, there is always a two way conflict between groups of people when it comes to how humanity came to be on this world.

1. Christians believe god created the first human between 10k BCE and 4k BCE … most books point to 6k BCE.

2. Scientists believe the world was created 4.5 Billion years ago, and that human’s existed around Africa more than 100,000 years ago.

The choice is yours what to believe, but I just ask you to look at the facts... look at everything concerning religion and our world from an un-biased prospective… You may go to church every Sunday, even be in the church choir… but at least be open minded to the fact that religion just isn’t right… it isn’t something that is mighty and powerful but merely a collection of stories made to represent something long ago… Think about it with your mind… use intelligence when pitting science and stories… because what actually works in the end? Do you have any proof of what the bible says? No? What about what science says? Yes? Well… guess my mind is made up.

I think everybody here should do their own research and decide for themselves.. But I would like to introduce some information videos to watch:

1. Religulous by Bill Maher - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0815241/

2. Zeitgeist - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1166827/

OK …. I know I typed a lot... almost 5 pages to be exact according to word… but when I am interested in something I type on forever.. . I have many books on the subject,, and even more websites saved… so all of my written statements were properly looked at versus just pulling it out of my ass.. You do the research and you’ll see what I said was correct 
    OK I’m ether going to get massively flamed... or maybe somebody will post back with a good response agreeing with me... Let’s find out.

....I'll have to say that was a very well thought out post "DD"....nice work..

Very in depth and intellectual post DD. But now I have eye cramps from all the reading. Sheesh! :roll: :lol:

Put it this way..Double Dee i am going to worship you starting now. Seriously religion was made up in a time of hardship to control humans. If there was ever a "GOD" i think he would be helping people of natural disaster. The way i see it, doctors/scientist are gods.

Quote Originally Posted by 021llf4
    Seriously religion was made up in a time of hardship to control humans.
    Religion was made up so you can blame your problems on someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dee
    I believe in facts, logic, science
    Me too. That's actually proveable.

This kid in my class last semester told me that gravity wasn't proven. I told him if I throw this book our the window right now, it's going to drop. And he said, how do you know that. I said, i've done it before. He still denied gravity was proven.......brain washed kids

Thread Information