Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hardware Ban???

Hardware Ban???

I was reading on PBban that PunkBuster can ban a complete Hardware/computer so that this particular pc will not be able to play any games related to PB.

here is a small excert from

PunkBuster(TM) now computes Hardware GUIDs for various pieces of hardware on players systems while playing on PunkBuster(TM) servers. When players raise a violation that corresponds to hacking or interfering with PunkBuster(TM) normal operation, we now (in addition to Global PB GUID bans) are Globally banning the new Hardware GUIDs across all games supported by PunkBuster(TM) (including games supported in the future).
    Is this true?. I kind of find it hard to believe since most user here just buy another cd key and restart all over.

But could this really happened?

Lol they are doing this since the beginning of PB but they mostly do it on shooters that are FREE like Americas Army ..

I've been hardware banned on that and could never play a PB game on my old PC.

BUT! they usually dont hand em out immediately .. ive got banned like 3 times before they gave me a hardware ban.

I have never seen this happen and it will not be good for their business either, so I doubt that they will. Those kind of bans are easy to get rid of as well, put another piece of hardware in your PC and your GUID is changed.

What is the goal of EA/DICE? To make money. If they started hwid banning they wouldn't rake in the money like they are now with bans. They truly, in my opinion, could careless about hackers as that is where the money comes from when players are forced to buy keys after keys. If they were too hard their revenue would go down after a year or so as most would have already gotten the game. My opinion this is nothing more than giving the legit players a since of security. Free to Play games are a little differant as they make money off legit players buying upgrades and most rage hackers don't spend money on a game they know they will be banned on and can just make a new free account.

Well said Paid. Pretty much sums it up. It's just a feel good thing.

They are not going to HW ban us. We are their best customers. :mrgreen:

deleted - :wink:

Happy Hacking!

sounds cool

can some1 tell me how to beat this HWID banned and where i can get the stuff to do it (cheapest price i possible) or if there is some way i can download *tools* from u guys at good price (good 4 me hehe :mrgreen

Senior Member Banned User killme1's Avatar

Re: sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by CantWait2HackAPB
    can some1 tell me how to beat this HWID banned and where i can get the stuff to do it (cheapest price i possible) or if there is some way i can download *tools* from u guys at good price (good 4 me hehe :mrgreen
    like leon had mention:

change your hardware like RAM, a cheap soundcard, etc.

Re: sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by CantWait2HackAPB
    They dont ban HWID in BF3 so why change it?

There are also other ways to ban a system. be it the MAC address from the NIC or modem or the harddrive and so on.

Anyway, no HWID bans on BF3 so no worries.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information