Thread: wierd problem

wierd problem

i have kind of a unique problem. Now bear in mind, i have a degree in Information Technologies, and hardware and operating systems are my specialties, so i should understand, at least to some extent, any information anyone could give me that might help. Now, to the problem. In a certain fps game, i get a really weird and specific problem that occurs only under certain circumstances, but it annoys me to no end. The first time i right click to scope in on my gun after loading into a map, i get a short period of lag. It lasts for about 2-2.5 seconds and it is really frustrating when you scope in to kill someone and you lag out and come back dead. It is consistent to the point that it never fails. My rig is an Intel i7 3770k@5.0gHz and 32gb patriot ddr3 with tri sli gtx680's, and plenty of power, so hardware isn't the issue. Also, i would like to include that i have inquired to hundreds of other players of this same game, and none have ever experienced this issue either. I have all the most up to date drivers for all of my hardware and am running Windows 7 x64. I entertained the possibility that it might have been a driver conflict with the Nvidia drivers, but i have found no similar feedback from anyone on any other forums. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've read some reports at evga forums about lagging when running sli'ed cards. Just for the sake of it, have you tried with just one vid card to see if the sli setup is causing this? Just a thought...

i sure have, i have disabled sli on several experiments, and i have even gone so far as to remove the 8pin power connectors from the cards, i know the mobo still recognizes them, but im pretty sure it should have eliminated that possibility.

Senior Member Banned User killme1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyko422
    i sure have, i have disabled sli on several experiments, and i have even gone so far as to remove the 8pin power connectors from the cards, i know the mobo still recognizes them, but im pretty sure it should have eliminated that possibility.
    Hi cyko422, may I ask what game are you playing? have U try turning everything back to stock like CPU, GPU and etc.. also can you find another mouse and keyboard to see if that the issue...

Thread Information