Would this be okay for its price?

I'm not a hardcore gamer and barely play games but most games I play are pretty old but still have good graphics if set on high. eg. BF2, L4D, TF2. I was wondering if this $600 system is good enough to play these games. I have an integrated graphics laptop right now and can play all these games on high but only at 20 FPS.

Is this for a gaming pc? I'd think about getting a higher power supply unit for one.

Quote Originally Posted by hacker98
    Is this for a gaming pc? I'd think about getting a higher power supply unit for one.
    Not really for gaming, but more on multimedia work and some gaming such as BF2 and other old games that don't require high system specs to be played. I'll try to find a good PSU

The 420 g card is no good for bc2 you need 560+ for solid fps and full graphics.

Powersupply should be 1000-1200 watts 30+ amp rating

You can get a amd 6 core 3.2 ghz processor for the price of that I5 (the amd will smoke it)

Your fans not listed meaning its stock (Cheap) and your processor will definately start to overheat once some dust gets on it.

that motherboard blows check this guy out instead

http://www.asrock.com/MB/overview.asp?Model=M3A770DE

My pc was around that price and my specs are way higher, is this from newegg.com?

Quote Originally Posted by DeboHax
    The 420 g card is no good for bc2 you need 560+ for solid fps and full graphics.

Powersupply should be 1000-1200 watts 30+ amp rating

You can get a amd 6 core 3.2 ghz processor for the price of that I5 (the amd will smoke it)

Your fans not listed meaning its stock (Cheap) and your processor will definately start to overheat once some dust gets on it.

that motherboard blows check this guy out instead

http://www.asrock.com/MB/overview.asp?Model=M3A770DE
    BC2? I don't play that on PC I have that on Xbox, I have BF2 (Battlefield 2) for PC. Thanks for the tips and link, I'm pretty new in terms of PC Hardware/Building.

Quote Originally Posted by jonisgod
    My pc was around that price and my specs are way higher, is this from newegg.com?
    Its from an Australian website http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php can you tell me your PC Specs around this price?

I'd just go with a 560ti and bump the power up to 650w. That's a good multimedia computer setup for the average gamer. The upgrade to the 5 series card will allow you more flexibility. Movies will stream better and have good clarity and you will be able to use 1080p flawlessly. If you like watching movies on the computer a lot, might I suggest using an extra slot for a blue ray player.

Quote Originally Posted by ybriK

Quote Originally Posted by jonisgod
    Its from an Australian website http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php can you tell me your PC Specs around this price?
    Mine is in my profile, if you click it. I got a 680w PSU and 8gb as well.
    Might be cheaper here in USA anyway

Ah I see. Thanks for the tips guys appreciate it.

Thread Information