Ipad 3 or galaxy II tab?

One of my daughters asked me tonight which one she should get for college. She is a medical major

I have played with android 2.3 on a galaxy phone and the apple Ipad 3 briefly.

which one should she get for school and why?

I suggested the Galaxy II tab with honeycomb because it is cheaper and in my experience has more aps.

The IPAD 3 from what I remember had charging issues (slow) and the battery life wasn't that great. I'm not sure if she could get through a 7 hour day at school and then internship with a quick charge in her car between the two with the IPAD.

IPAD 3 is $600
    Galaxy is $500

I have had no issues with the battery on my iPad 3 (32 GB WiFi), I use my iPad almost everyday in my courses doing things such as studying, taking notes, and reading books (playing games and watching TV shows/movies in between classes too). I'm not sure which kind of apps your daughter will be needing but I found the app store to have much better note taking apps than the android marketplace. Also please note that I do not have much experience with android tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker240
    I have had no issues with the battery on my iPad 3 (32 GB WiFi), I use my iPad almost everyday in my courses doing things such as studying, taking notes, and reading books (playing games and watching TV shows/movies in between classes too). I'm not sure which kind of apps your daughter will be needing but I found the app store to have much better note taking apps than the android marketplace. Also please note that I do not have much experience with android tablets.
    I think she would like to be able to import her word documents and also use word on the tablet or a compatible AP with the tablet. Word is very important for her as she does all her class work on it. Do you know if either one would be compatible with MS word? I know the dictation in the Ipad would be a big benefit for her.

Or wait for the new windows tablet. I'm a huge fan of the galaxy tab, but the kicker for the Window tab is the keyboard and USB. Check it out. I hate to say it but Windows might have a good product finally. A tab that you can actually get some work done.

Quote Originally Posted by Paid
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker240
    I think she would like to be able to import her word documents and also use word on the tablet or a compatible AP with the tablet. Word is very important for her as she does all her class work on it. Do you know if either one would be compatible with MS word? I know the dictation in the Ipad would be a big benefit for her.
    I know you can use Microsoft word on the iPad but I am not sure if it is a gimped version since I have never used it, android most likely has the same but I am not positive. I would agree with Centason on possibly waiting for the windows tablet, it will support windows 8 so it will no doubt be able to have Microsoft word and I have heard really good things about it and the slim keyboard cover.

Does your daughter currently have a laptop? In my experience a tablet is definitely not a substitute for one.

The new windows tablet will bridge that gap between laptops and tablets. I really hate giving Microfart good PR, but I think that they have a good product on this one. I believe there will be 2 versions, and both with way more storage than the iPad. My wife has a kindle, and I think that thing outperforms the iPad.

I like the windows on the cell so it should be a nice edition for tablets. She went with the Ipad II as it was more in her budget at around $250 or so

Thread Information