Thread: New PC Advice

Hybrid View

New PC Advice

Hey guys, I am interested in building my first computer and any help would be greatly appreciated. My price range is $2000 or less and its purpose would be for programs such autodesk maya and pretty much all of the adobe suite. I would also like it to be able to handle games that have just recently come out such as BF3 and games that are on its way with ease.

I found this post of builds that looked nice to me but again I am a newbie at PC builds and some help would be nice .

I was looking at the second build "Deluxe" unless advised otherwise.
    http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...ds_-_june_2012

Thank you,
    Hacker240

My setup in my profile with an AMD 8 core and 2 680s would put you at $2000. That setup would be almost stupid fast.

Thank you for responding, ill take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by centason
    My setup in my profile with an AMD 8 core and 2 680s would put you at $2000. That setup would be almost stupid fast.
    but in reality there are very few games out there that would fully utilize an 8 core cpu, same thing can be said about ram.

Quote Originally Posted by oneeagle1103
    but in reality there are very few games out there that would fully utilize an 8 core cpu, same thing can be said about ram.
    When rendering movie/edits and multi media work I found all 8 cores to be used at about 70%. and about 50% of 16 gigs of ram. AMD 81XX FX is the only true 8 core CPU out at the moment...well as close to true 8 core as a cpu has gotten. The biggest problem was heat...but, my GFX card died after a few days so, i havent been able to use it for a few months so Im not sure if a update has been made to help with extreme heat with the 8150FX. One day Ill get it back up :lol: I have a evo cooler i'm going to try once I get a new GFX card.

Plus if you are going to go any heavier with rendering, like CAD or 3D, then that would go to the Nvidia quadro FX. I doubt you will ever need anything that heavy though. Paid, water cool the FX. I would if I had one.

Plus if you are going to go any heavier with rendering, like CAD or 3D, then that would go to the Nvidia quadro FX. I doubt you will ever need anything that heavy though. Paid, water cool the FX. I would if I had one.
    I had a desktop for 3d rendering with a nvidia quadro using 3dsm a while ago, and it was amazing how fast it was rendering compared to top of the line gaming card I tried once just to see how it would preform.

for 2000$ your going to have one beefy machine. Get a decent SSD for your main drive and at least 2TB storage IMO.

Don't skimp your self on cooling and power, pay the extra 50$+ for good stuff.

Single Cheat: Combat Arms
    Start: 10/05/2014
    End: 11/04/2014

if your doing all that hard core rendering i would suggest quadro series card. but then you would have pretty shitty gaming since those card dont handle games well. it's all your choice

Thread Information