Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

L.A. Cops Shoot a Guy Point-Blank Outside a Carl’s Jr.

*WARNING* Graphic Video

Cops taze the guy in the face and he doesn't react at all, then he takes a swing at the cop with a hammer type thing, finally the cops gun him down with 10 shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhpH9uzYKqw

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qhpH9uzYKqw?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Question: Do you think the cops did the right thing?

I personally think they could have shot him in the leg/arm or somewhere less lethal and less amount of shots.

Cruising, on the dark side of the moon kicking out a mellow bass line
    That guy filming has one sick sense of humor, besides that... Yeah I believe they should have taken shots at his legs, not a point blank body shot, he also Empty's his clip... And a mate joins in for good measure. Not good

The cops reacted as they are trained to do.
    With guns drawn and pointed at the perp,
    They first asked .........
    They then tazed ............
    As soon as the guy takes a swing with a weapon in his hand, they are authorized to defend themselves (or others) and use deadly force.

If a cop is attacked, while he has his weapon drawn, he will shoot for center of mass as he/she is trained to do. Shooting at the legs is Hollywood nonsense and is very dangerous for ricochets that could injure or kill others.

Now let me ask ............... if you had 2 cops pointing weapons at you, wouldn't you listen and drop the weapon? This guy was either high or had a death wish. It's sad, but the cops did nothing wrong here from what I could see.

I do agree with you on bits there Snuke but in the video after the first or second shot the guy was falling, 10 shots in my eyes wasn't needed.

then again, the guy got tazed and it did nothing, maybe they felt he needed a bit more umf in him just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy101
    I do agree with you on bits there Snuke but in the video after the first or second shot the guy was falling, 10 shots in my eyes wasn't needed.
    Well the other thing here that is not explained, is why the cops were called to begin with. They are standing there with guns drawn on this guy for a reason. Is it ever explained what this guy did inside of Carl's to warrant the cops to show up with guns drawn? This wanker took a swing at a cop with some sort of weapon. I couldn't see what it was. It could have been a knife or even a hatchet, IDK, but a weapon none the less. What if this guy had attacked someone inside of Carl's and they were lying bleeding on the floor inside? What if it was your family member that he had attacked, injured, or killed? Would you feel any different then?

The bottom line is that the cops were called for a reason, they gave the guy verbal instructions which he ignored, they tazed him which had no effect, the guy then tried to attack a cop with a weapon, so they dropped him then and there.

I agree with the cops. Shoot to kill. cops or any armed person defending themselves should never shoot to wound. If you must fire to protect your life or the life of others you are to shoot to kill. plain and simple.

Hats off to the officer that fired as I saw hesitation from the officer that was about to get whacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Paid

Hats off to the officer that fired as I saw hesitation from the officer that was about to get whacked.
    ya that was his own dumba$$ fault idk why he wasnt paying attention

Quote Originally Posted by jonisgod
    Quote Originally Posted by Paid

ya that was his own dumba$$ fault idk why he wasnt paying attention
    To many times that is the case. It is very difficult to take another life. Studies done in the military showed that in the Vietnam war, soldiers was hesitant to fire and many didn't. the reason the military in the USA changed many factors in basic/boot camp. The officer or officers in the video that fired their weapon and had no hesitation; I am sure are military. Again, that officer to cover my back any day :wink:

I am also not sure why the K9 didn't just release the dog from the get go. But, that is a case of department procedure and hind sight. The good guys went home alive and that is all that matters.

The issue here is the guy (stupid man with axe or giant hammer) came out with the hammer and got hit in the FACE with a taser and didn't seem to flinch. Not sure if you have noticed in other YouTube videos but BIG guys usually drop after being hit. So the cops know something is wrong with this guy (drugs, etc).

Once he pulls the taser out and then starts to swing his axe he gets shot. The cop did what he should have done, however I think after the guy starter to fall he could have quit hitting him with bullets. I'm sure the cop later thought "Why didn't I just fire at his leg or arm"

Anyway, that was sad and very sad to hear the guys in the car laughing about it. It's never funny to see someone get killed.

Thread Information