Monitor Calibration

I have dual monitors using two different monitors, however I am more concerned with my 28" It's a I-INC ih282 here's a link, just for reference not for trying to sell anything. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...558&CatId=3774

I have been trying to calibrate the monitor for quite some time now and I just can't seem to get it right, I have used this website http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php to try and help me get things done, but I can't seem to find the sweet spot. I have tried using the on screen adjustments and using Nvidia'a calibration software, but to no avail.

It always seems like there is too much of "X" and not enough "Y" but when I make the adjustments it doesn't seem correct.

Anyone got any tips of monitor calibration?

What resolution are you trying to set? The native for that screen is 1920x1200. Anything different than that will make it looks stretched or wide.

I do use 1900x1200, but that's also more taxing on my video card, I only have a geforce 450

Any lower you go, it will stretch or bloated the screen to the point of annoying. 1920x1080 might look ok. Have you tried that. I have a 25" monitor running at 1080.

Yea, I've tried that, a couple other resolutions look decent, but native 1900x1200 always looks the best. (natural)

I had a 32" LCD and 1080 never looked that great on it. Switched to a plasma and it made all the difference. Also, differant monitors will look differant no matter how much you mess with them. My experience, Sony and dynex give the best color and sharpness for LCD computer monitor. but using a plasma as a computer monitor....you cant beat the richness. My opinion it out does the LED in richness as well. In the last 10 years I have used flat panel TVs as computer monitors.

I used a LCD: 1360x768 desktop, 1080 in game and movie playback, and 720 when working with graphics.

Anyway, try this resolution: 1360x768 for native desktop and use whatever in game. game will look differant than desktop in my experience- so adjust game settings using the ingame editors. Also use a HDMI cable not a DVI

Though gaming performance on this card is at its best at resolutions of 1,680x1,050 and lower, in our Blu-ray playback tests, 1080p HD video (a.k.a. 1,920x1,080) played back smoothly, with excellent audio quality over the cardís mini-HDMI connector.
    http://computershopper.com/component...eforce-gts-450

Thread Information