Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator
    You got me itchin' to go fishin' now Galveston!

For those that have no idea what these fish look like:

Wahoo,its speed and high-quality flesh make it a prize game fish

Amberjacks are edible, but generally not a preferred eating fish

179 pound yellowfin tuna

....good looking fish there Brotha!! Should get my "tin man" boat back tomorrow and if the rain ever lets up down here I will have some nice pics/vids to put up of some bayou/bay fishing.

Contender Update:
    Pulled the lower unit off the 235 and have it shipped off to Bob's Machine in Florida to have it tricked out. The heads off the motor are up in Houston getting ported, the prop I got back from getting checked out and double cupped and balanced. Still running 31 pitch on it. Been (when I have some free time) re-wiring the Contender as there was a ton of old stuff that needed removed....and have a Vietnamese guy in San Leon fabricating the fuel cells.
    Had a friend come over and am thinking about using the mounts for the ski pole that are on her to make a casting platform! It's a three point mounting system so a platform ought to mount up just fine.

.....ought to have her ready hopefully before summer gets here....I hope!!

...my little Brother came across this one and I had to share it!!

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d2gIdMRwfuM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="740" height="400">

*cough*cough* Nothing is little in Texas; not even a brother *cough*

You know, snuke will have something to say about the video :mrgreen:

...been on a rampage on a couple of the local sites as they are all "a-flitter+ so to speak about the latest and greatest plastic lures. I don't buy into that hype as it's a bunch of BS to be honest!!.

Check out these two vids that a good friend of mine made as he shows the idiocy of spending your hard earned cash on a piece of crap overhyped plastic lure!!

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P8fEDVbjHLU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="700" height="420">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YYbdFSwr-Ek?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="700" height="420">

....just think what I could do with some of my bright red Habanero's!!
    FISH ON BROTHA!!

I had some of the jalapeno pickles the other day. I ate one and was sick to my stomach for the next 12 hours. Not a good combination at all.

I thought they were regular pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Paid
    I had some of the jalapeno pickles the other day. I ate one and was sick to my stomach for the next 12 hours. Not a good combination at all.
    I thought they were regular pickles.
    ...they were probably some cheap imitation Yankee Pig Farmer knock off's that weren't done right.
    Sorry to hear that they were bad!

.....just saw that some of my friends are in a video that the Texas Parks and Wildlife are going to have on their show that airs on PBS.
    I know three of the guys in this video and the part of the vid that was filmed in Chocolate is one of the areas that I fish.
    Coe and his Dad are using some lights that look good on paper...but nothing beats an old "pump up" Coleman Lantern as far as light to see those flatties!!

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oerGBh5zYqo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="720" height="400">

....some of you know where I live so if Ya look at Google Earth you can pretty much tell see where this video was shot in that area. If you have any questions I'll give you the GPS!!. Biggest one I ever stuck close to New Bayou went just over nine pounds...

EDIT: The lure they were catching them on is called a "Flounder Pounder"...made by another friend of mine.

EDIT 2: That same area on a high tide will hold Redfish right up against the grass. Pitch a silver or preferably 1/4 ounce gold spoon right up on the grass to do some drag pumping action and some good eats!!

EDIT 3: If any of you ever hear me say "FISH ON" when I get hooked up I hereby give ya permission to knock the heck out of me with one of those little baseball bats and when I wake up remind me that I have been watching way too many fishing shows!! Sheesh!!

...my younger brother Paul was blowing up my phone this afternoon when I was headed in from a nice day scouting some good spots at low tide.
    I finally get back to the house and heard one of the most incredible stories ever. I had to make a few calls just to verify that this one was for real....and it turns out it is!!

A guy in Galveston is talking to his Snap-on man and tells him he wants to get back into fishing . He asked "where can I go ?" The tool pusher asked said you can try around the flood gate in T.C. So the dude loads up his boat with his takle he hasn't touched in 7 years . Stops and buys some shrimp .
    He and his buddy get out to the flood gate and bait up noticing 2 large shrimp in the bait bucket . They fish for a while and the guy says " man ain't nothin happening. I'm gonna put one of these big shrimp on and catch me a whale. So he baits up his old faithful Zebco (not used in 7 years mind you ) and thows it out on bottom. Bam something hit the bait. He sets the hook to find out his drag doesn't work . So he pushes the button and let's it run. Clicks it back in gear , the tip is under the surface the whole time . When he feels like the line is going to break he pushes the buttton again . He does this several times . Ten minutes later they have the fish to the boat and net it . He takes the picture you will see in a bit and calls the tool pusher the tell him he just caught a 32" Gulf trout .

The tool pusher says "You sure it's not a Speckled trout?" The guy said they don't get that big... it's got to be a Gulf Trout .

I will now send the picture to Rocky to post . You are not going to believe this .He still thinks it's a Gulf Trout and will be eating it tonight.

....the darn thing would not even fit into the Igloo cooler he had on the boat!! She was well over 32 inches long. Should have been turned loose to dump all the eggs she had in her looking at that fat belly!!

Senior Moderator
    Have they set a size and bag limit on the flatties, or a season? Don't want to see them get over fished and they become far and few between.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information