Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Amd or Intel?

Quote Originally Posted by Tperk
    Just for the record, Im in no way attacking/bashing your setup, I'd love to have it. All im saying is in GENERAL more power=more heat. Hell even the 1.5gig 580 under load uses about 100more watts.
    That's fine, I take no offense because generally it is true. I have plans to liquid cool anyways, I have already purchased 3 EVGA waterblocks for my GPU's. They may not get hot today, but I would just like the peace of mind of water cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by stiltz85
    Quote Originally Posted by Tperk
    Just for the record, Im in no way attacking/bashing your setup, I'd love to have it. All im saying is in GENERAL more power=more heat. Hell even the 1.5gig 580 under load uses about 100more watts.
    That's fine, I take no offense because generally it is true. I have plans to liquid cool anyways, I have already purchased 3 EVGA waterblocks for my GPU's. They may not get hot today, but I would just like the peace of mind of water cooling.
    You better run multiple rads on them if you're also looping them with your CPU. I run 2 360 RAD + 1 small rad and 2 pump on mine and temps never pass 51C on 100% load everything. Just don't make the mistake of trying to take shortcut when setting up the actual WC. Never go from GPU>CPU as the GPU put out the most heat, keep it on the end of the loop. I figure meh, GPU is closer and took the shortcut and it failed miserably. Still though TEMPS never actually passed 60C.

Quote Originally Posted by 021llf4
    You better run multiple rads on them if you're also looping them with your CPU. I run 2 360 RAD + 1 small rad and 2 pump on mine and temps never pass 51C on 100% load everything. Just don't make the mistake of trying to take shortcut when setting up the actual WC. Never go from GPU>CPU as the GPU put out the most heat, keep it on the end of the loop. I figure meh, GPU is closer and took the shortcut and it failed miserably. Still though TEMPS never actually passed 60C.
    I was planning on going to a 120mm triple rad from the gpu's to the cpu then come back with a 140mm singe to the gpu's. I'm thinking pump/reservoir after the 120mm triple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information