Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Computer keeps freezing

hi, for the fast few days my computer has been freezing and speakers make buzzing sound. it mostly freezes at end of round of battlefield 3, when it says "your team has won or loss", but my computer runs fine when i unplug the speakers.

i took it to futureshop to get it repaired and they couldnt find anyhting wrong with it, they siad they kept it running for over 24 hrs.

i think this might have something to do with it,
    "In the Administrator window,type in the command below and press Enter
    bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff."
    i did that to to use bf3 hacks. from de.bugs guide. >> http://www.fpscheats.com/topic123611.htm

can someone please help me.

If following De.Bugs guide was the problem, everyone would have this problem, what you have done is troubleshooted the problem yourself.

If it stops when you don't have your speakers in, it must be something related to that.

Try headphone's if it works with head phones, I say it's something directly related to your speakers.

If not maybe update sound drivers.

Bring back some results and you'll slowly work out the root of the problem.

i just checked my drivers they are up to date. i played bunch of youtube videos and the speakers runningg fine and so is computer.

could it be something with power supply or computer not getting enough power somthing like that? :S

thank you for your help btw.

No I assume if your power supply wasn't giving enough power, your computer would just shut itself down at the end of the match, is there any other information you can offer?

I was hoping it was something to do with speakers, but even if your speakers are unplugged it's still freezing up now?

also the buzzing sound you get often happens when old speakers are left on for too long, however if they aren't old, sometimes it can just be that the jack isn't pushed in properly or the wires aren't connected properly.

i just tried it with headphones and it froze when round ended, now testing it without speakers or headphones. ( yesterday it never froze without headphones or speakers )

its not freezing without sound.

try changing your bitrate in sound properties to a lower amount. there was a big issue with another recent game (skyrim) where if your sound quality was too high, the game would crash at specific parts.

Other thoughts for buzzing noise is the motherboard (if onboard sound) might be shorting out, which is bad,

Or if you have a dedicated sound card, you might want to wrap the back I/O port plate with electrical tape or something, to stop metal from contacting. That would fix a shorting problem.

That is, of course, if that is the issue.

Good Luck!

it doesnt crash at all when i dont use sound. how do i change the bitrate?

PS : i can listen to music watch videos and not crash but it crashes at end round of battlefield 3 :S

Would it be anything to do with the sound card, not being able to cope with the games sound requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooff
    Would it be anything to do with the sound card, not being able to cope with the games sound requirements?
    I dont think it would. On board sound cards should work with any game..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information