[INSTALLS] Latency Fix & Game Booster

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html

This is a link to a program called Latency Fix, initially used for World of Warcraft, but works for most other games, I use this is APB Reloaded as they don't have Australian servers, and anything helps.

It works by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements, or in simple terms, reduces Latency/Ping.

This could possibly give you that slightest edge on other players, unfortunately I cannot give an example as every patch APB Reloaded servers get worse, however there is a definite improvement that I have seen.

You do need to restart your computer for it to take effect.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

This is Game Booster, and works by stopping services and programs that are not needed to run windows or your specific game, and you can make exceptions, it frees up RAM.

This allows for better performance client side.

Great, thanks for sharing 1devil. :wink: Game booster does come in handy some times.

Single Cheat: Counter Strike Global Offensive
    Start: 11/27/2014
    End: 12/27/2014

thanks

=)

Yes according to GameBooster, it free's up 47% of my RAM, which is quite significant, so I thought I should share with you guys. =)

Nothing goes better with your hacks then a fast connection and FPS rate =P

...tried "GameBooster" several builds ago and it was hosed...tried it again recently and it's not worth the trouble.

There is nothing that it does that can't be accomplished via opening up your task manager and closing the processes that you don't need.

tuneup 2011 is great for gaming and streaming your Internet, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340
    ...tried "GameBooster" several builds ago and it was hosed...tried it again recently and it's not worth the trouble.

There is nothing that it does that can't be accomplished via opening up your task manager and closing the processes that you don't need.
    Yeah but not all people know what they can close and can't close, besides who would want to click a bunch of buttons, when they can just click one =)

I will have to try this Tuneup 2011 =)

Being Aussie, most free2play games don't have anywhere close to me, and I suppose for any game I pay for it just helps out.

game booster messes with the registry, and I don't like that. Several people I know including myself ended up reforming because of game booster messing with the registry. Some people don't have a problem with game booster.

TuneUp is a great program, it has power tools for win7 and optimizes the internet, google chrome, firefox and will automatically keep the PC good and clean. Plus the turbo option turns all unnecessary programs off and boost gaming. Great program.

Oh it messes up the registry? well then, I am not one for fixing registry, hate it.

So looks like TuneUp will have to happily replace game booster.

.....I have always done any killing of processes manually. THose programs that are supposed to "Fix" everything usually hose everything up~!!

Thread Information