Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    716
    Rep Power
    0

    Opinions needed please!

    So I am currently in Tokyo and I am looking to buy some brains and a mobo for a PC build and I would like some opinions.
    I am going all out!

    The mobo I am looking at is the GIGABYTE G1.Assassin
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128472

    And the CPU I am looking at is the ntel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition Gulftown 3.46GHz
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115079
    I have heard of people OC'ing this baby to 4.4GHz with ease.

    I plan on buying them no matter what if I can find them here. I just want to know if I am dumb for doing it once I do. lol
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bear Den
    Posts
    596
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Opinions needed please!

    Quote Originally Posted by stiltz85
    I plan on buying them no matter what if I can find them here. I just want to know if I am dumb for doing it once I do. lol
    Thanks!
    Just depends what is "dumb" and what isn't. :alien:

    I have the Intel 990X but I'm not using it for gaming. So, I made not be the best person to give you the thumbs up for gaming.

    Just curious, but what are you planning to do with the 990X if I made ask?


    Alpine79

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    716
    Rep Power
    0
    I plan on using it for a little bit of everything. Rendering video, making music, video games of course, not to mention I just want a rig that I know I wont have to upgrade for quite a while.

    (Oh, FYI! Don't go to Japan to get these computer parts! ENTIRELY OVERPRICED!!! Newegg.com is my homeboy!)

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bear Den
    Posts
    596
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by stiltz85
    I plan on using it for a little bit of everything. Rendering video, making music, video games of course, not to mention I just want a rig that I know I wont have to upgrade for quite a while.

    (Oh, FYI! Don't go to Japan to get these computer parts! ENTIRELY OVERPRICED!!! Newegg.com is my homeboy!)
    I would say you're good for at least 3 years.

    Alpine79

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    716
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine79
    Quote Originally Posted by stiltz85
    I plan on using it for a little bit of everything. Rendering video, making music, video games of course, not to mention I just want a rig that I know I wont have to upgrade for quite a while.

    (Oh, FYI! Don't go to Japan to get these computer parts! ENTIRELY OVERPRICED!!! Newegg.com is my homeboy!)
    I would say you're good for at least 3 years.

    Alpine79
    That's the plan buddy! I am also looking into a DIAMOND 6990PE54G Radeon HD 6990 for graphics and around 24 GB of ram.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    716
    Rep Power
    0
    Now I'm in a pickle... I do not know where to go for graphics.. I hear thr GTX 590's are nice but 580's in SLI can be far greater. Is this true?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    528
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by stiltz85 View Post
    Now I'm in a pickle... I do not know where to go for graphics.. I hear thr GTX 590's are nice but 580's in SLI can be far greater. Is this true?
    I bought the evga gtx760 with twin fans its a beast of a card and can run most games on ultra BUT its just under 300 dollars!.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,023
    Rep Power
    0
    Don't go for the 590's yet, I just today purchase a 580 after reading some good reviews. I would go a 580

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    716
    Rep Power
    0
    But then again I could just go for one HD 6990 and possibly crossfire in the future? ACK decisions! :-?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,023
    Rep Power
    0
    <3 Nvidia It's personal preference. Though the 580's beat the 5990's in some benchmark tests :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Opinions
    By centason in forum PC Upgrade Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 01:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •